Technical Project ManagerApply Now Apply Later Job ID 525758BR Location New York, New York, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Brand BAMTECH Media Date posted May. 07, 2018
- Develop, maintain and effectively execute software development iterations throughout the life of assigned project(s), which defines activities, sequence, dependencies, work effort, duration and associated resource requirements.
- Plan and lead internal and external project communications, ensuring effective exchange of project deliverables to identify, analyze, prioritize, mitigate project risks benchmarking state-of-the-art practices.
- Assist with technical feasibility implementation approach, deployment strategies, and QA improvement efforts by collaborating with project partners to define project scope and objectives, communicating requirements to development teams via user stories or via technical specifications including flow chart diagrams.
- Contribute to product development activities, scheduling feature additions in iterative release cycles based on priority and importance and improve department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests.
- Achieve operational objectives by supplying information and recommendations; preparing and completing action plans; standards; resolving problems; completing audits; identifying trends; resolving system improvements; and implementing changes.
- Confirmed experience in project planning and management, ideally in a responsive web environment.
- Sports knowledge is ideal.
- Software development knowledge and experience including APIs, reusable libraries, and frameworks.
- Experience in requirements documentation and data flow diagrams using Visio, Gliffy or similar.
- Minimum of 3 years of previous experience as a project manager. Software engineer experience is ideal.
- Strong teamwork and leadership skills with excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to work in a dynamic, 24x7 availability environment.
- Solid experience with CMS or Content Delivery is preferred, but not required.
- Bachelor's degree highly preferred and PMP certification ideal.
About BAMTECH Media:
BAMTECH is a streaming technology joint venture between The Walt Disney Company, Major League Baseball Advanced Media, and the National Hockey League. BAMTECH handles streaming for numerous partners, some of which include, HBO, MLB, NHL, Eurosport, ESPN, and World Wrestling Entertainment.
Fans demand access to content on their own terms on any device, anytime, anywhere. We are those fans. As a result, the BAMTECH Media team helped pioneer live event streaming over the Internet in 2002 for Major League Baseball. The passion to improve that experience led to many impressive firsts: the first 720p or “HD Ready” stream, the consecutive record for concurrent streams and the first stream in 8K ultra HD. Today, BAMTECH has a proven, scalable platform that powers direct-to-consumer applications for leading entertainment brands; and is now a major player in sports and eSports rights acquisition.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with BAMTECH, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call BAMTECH Media.
BAMTECH, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.