Technology Financial AnalystApply NowApply Later Job ID 781947BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted Apr. 14, 2021
At Disney, we‘re storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring stories to life through our movies, products, sports events and news and information products, interactive games, parks and resorts, and media networks. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences around the world.
DMED is a global leader in delivering direct-to-consumer live and on demand entertainment at scale and a leading licensee of OTT sports and eSports rights. DMED owns and operates a growing portfolio of direct-to-consumer video streaming services, including Disney+, Hulu, and ESPN+. By driving technological innovations in live sports and on demand video, our mission is to give global audiences the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location.
An opportunity exists to join this dynamic business as an Analyst on its Technology Finance team. This position is accountable for supporting the Technology & Product group’s financial planning activities, including preparation of Annual Operating Plans, periodic forecasts, and long-range projections. The position will work closely with members of Technology & Product in planning and analyzing department spend, as well as support ad-hoc financial analyses to deliver on strategic and operational goals of the Company. This role requires an individual who can effectively build relationships with multiple stakeholders and execute deliverables in a timely and accurate manner. The ability to manage an ever changing, dynamic environment with a positive attitude and a self-starter mentality is critical to success in this role.
- Maintains, improves, and creates financial models to forecast and analyze technology expenses
- Support the preparation and analysis of the Annual Operating Plan, Five Year Plan, and current year forecasts including the accompanying senior management presentations
- Tracks invoices and contractual obligations, reconciles general ledger data, and manages accrual and reclass processes during monthly financial close; partners with Accounting on actualizing P&Ls.
- Prepares ad-hoc reports, special projects, and presentations for various internal stakeholders including Technology, Product, and Business Operations
- Manages third party data and updates internal models with said data
- Partners with Technology and Product teams on daily basis to inform financial deliverables
- 1-3 years of finance or management consulting experience required, preferably in technology and/or media
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent computer skills, including advanced Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Highly collaborative with strong problem solving, interpersonal and project management skills
- Attention to detail, desire for accuracy, and a strong sense of urgency
- Ability to quickly learn new concepts and navigate new systems/databases
- Intellectually curious with a desire to understand the business beyond the scope of day-to-day responsibilities.
- Related work experience in FP&A or public accounting
- Experience working cross-functionally with individuals outside of Finance and Accounting
- Experience using SAP, Cognos TM1, Hyperion or other enterprise financial systems
- Experience using data management/visualization systems such as Tableau and Looker
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Economics, Accounting, Math, Statistics, Computer Science or a scientific field
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Services LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
Disney Streaming Services LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.