Already applied?View Dashboard
Temporary Brand Assurance CoordinatorApply Now Apply Later Job ID 539910BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Studio Entertainment Brand Marvel Date posted 03/28/2018
Job Summary:Marvel is looking for a Temporary Brand Assurance Coordinator who is well versed in Marvel products to join our Brand Assurance team. Brand Assurance handles the administration, review and approval of all worldwide licensing material and consumer products for Marvel franchises. As a Brand Assurance Coordinator, you will work with our incredible licensed product, with the help of our talented legal and creative teams, to ensure licensed product submissions meet contractual obligations. This position will be responsible for managing key steps of the product development process, including administration, legal, and data compliance. In an average day, you should be prepared to review up to 100+ submissions, with the possibility of working on other categories as well.
- Using Marvel's Global Licensing System and Oracle, review all of Marvel's licensed classic, movie, TV and comic book from a legal standpoint from concept through contractual, upholding Marvel brand and data integrity standards.
- Working across all levels of management, manage product submission lifecycle, focusing on the traffic, administration, legal and data compliances.
- Ability to understand contracts and extract pertinent information related to all licensed product submissions.
- Keep up-to-date with Marvel initiatives, including Marvel's vast array of style guide assets and guidelines, extracting any/all pertinent information related to the different product categories
Basic Qualifications:2+ years within the publishing, licensing and/or consumer product industry.
- A strategic mindset that allows you to prioritize a high volume of work, balancing immediate requirements with a long-term vision.
- Excellent organizational skills (multi-tasking a must!).
- Enthusiastic, dedicated team player.
- Working knowledge of contracts, publishing and press releases.
- A creative eye a plus.
- Awareness of product testing and FAMA a plus.
- Well established knowledge of the Marvel brand and all of its intellectual properties.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Oracle, Outlook, multiple web-based approval systems.
- Strong written communication skills.
Required Educationsome College/University
Marvel Entertainment, LLC, a wholly-owned subsidiary of The Walt Disney Company, is one of the world's most prominent character-based entertainment companies, built on a proven library of over 8,000 characters featured in a variety of media over seventy years. Marvel utilizes its character franchises in entertainment, licensing and publishing.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Marvel Brands, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Marvel.
Marvel Brands, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.