Already applied?View Dashboard
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you've learned in the classroom within a family of legendary brands passionate about creating world-class experiences on a global scale. Now, imagine yourself in a paid Disney Professional Internship.
"The View" Production Internship, ABC News - Spring 2020Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 703084BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Walt Disney Television Date posted Sep. 09, 2019
An internship at “The View” provides a multifaceted understanding of all aspects necessary for the production of a live television show. Grounded in a hand-on approach, interns play a vital role in all aspects of operation and production.
Responsibilities:A day in the life…
As an intern at "The View", you’ll have the exciting opportunity to learn the aspects of production of a live daytime show.
Throughout the internship, you will have the opportunity to:
- Observe the control room, studio floor & editing of promos.
- Assist with audience coordination and distributing audience giveaways
- Assist/shadow segment producers during preparation, rehearsal and execution of segments.
- Work alongside the tape coordinator, production assistant, and research departments.
- Hear from a panel of production staff members and observe/interview departments of interest.
- A strong interest in production
- Proven skills utilizing Microsoft Office products (Outlook, Excel, Word, Powerpoint)
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, including a proficiency in clear, concise, and compelling oral and written communication
- A proven ability to multi-task in a rapidly changing work environment, effectively balancing and prioritizing multiple projects
- Previous internship experience within a related field
- A proven ability to take direction and follow-through on projects
Preferred Qualifications:•Undergraduate students in their Senior year
•Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office with an emphasis in MS Word, Access, Excel & PowerPoint
•Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher
•Proven leadership roles in school or extra-curricular activities
•Previous internship in journalism (print and/or broadcast) with strong preference to long form journalism
•Previous internship experience in a professional newsroom setting
•Basic proficiency (academic or previous internship) with non-linear editing software (Avid specifically)
•Previous knowledge of ABC News Programming
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Must currently be enrolled in an accredited college or university and taking at least one class – OR – be a recent graduate of an accredited college or university within the last six (6) months - OR - be currently participating in the Disney College Program, Disney Culinary Program or Disney Professional Internship Program
- Must be willing to relocate to the New York City area and provide your own housing and transportation for the duration of the internship
- Must be able to have a consistent, reliable work schedule throughout the session
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program
- Must be available from 12/30/2019 to 5/22/2020
- Must be willing to work 3-4 days per week (full 7 hour days, 21-28 hours/week, weekdays only)
About Walt Disney Television:
Walt Disney Television (WDT) redefines the future of media and entertainment. Delivering compelling creative, great storytelling, ground-breaking technology, high-impact marketing and innovative distribution, WDT offers multiple opportunities to build a career that supports entertaining and informing the world. A key unit of The Walt Disney Company, one of the world's most admired vertically integrated media enterprises, WDT includes global live action and animation entertainment, news, owned television stations, and radio. If you've got a passion to join our team of talented professionals we want to hear your story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Television.
American Broadcasting Companies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.