Touring Retail ManagerApply NowApply Later Job ID 961517BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Disney Theatrical Group Date posted Apr. 18, 2022
Disney Theatrical Group is seeking a highly collaborative, detail-oriented, self-motivated individual with effective communication skills and the ability to build sales teams to join our team as a Tour Retail Manager. In this role, you will travel domestically with our Aladdin tour to manage all day-to-day retail sales & operations for the tour. The ideal candidate should have a positive attitude with the ability to motivate others while working in a fast-paced ever-changing environment to achieve profitable sales results. This role requires traveling 100% of the year.
- Overall Management of the day-to-day operation and sales generation of souvenir merchandise for the Aladdin U.S. Tour traveling domestically across the U.S. Merchandise sales take place during walk-in, intermission, and walk-out at the 8 performances each week.
- Manage the Load-In and Load-Out of entire merchandise operations (kiosks, inventory, POS stations, and office equipment). Load-In is typically a 1 Day process including setting up kiosks & POS equipment, visual merchandising displays, temp staff training, filling in stock, setting up an office, and reorganizing merchandise trailer truck to act as a storage space for the engagement. Load Out includes prepping goods on a truck for travel, packing up office equipment, and removing displays so that kiosks can be properly wrapped for travel.
- Manage the advancement of the merchandise sales operation with upcoming theatre personnel to properly prepare for in-market logistics. Each engagement averages 1 week.
- Communicate effectively with local Theatre Management & traveling Disney Production Crew to facilitate daily operations; both whilst at theatre and planning ahead to future venues.
- Maintain accurate records including sales, stock, payroll, and all relevant paperwork. Maintaining an accurate POS system and accounting records.
- Identify Risks and provide effective & timely solutions.
- Maximize Profit and Minimize Operating Loss through effective management of stock, cash, and assets.
- Conduct and provide routine Sales Analysis; providing effective feedback, new ideas, and strategies to help achieve goals to the Senior Retail Manager, Director of Merchandise, and the Corporate Team so that year on year sales and profit growth is achieved.
- Follow set policies & procedures, guidelines, and best practices when dealing with stock, cash, equipment, and communication, providing consistency and upholding Disney Standards.
- Manage Contingent Workforce Management Group and Temp Agency relationship and recruitment process for temp sales staff in each market. Conduct training and coaching of staff in each market. Lead by example with Disney Sales Techniques and Guest Service Standards.
- Manage & Develop the Tour Retail Assistant Managers to ensure consistency in sales and operations; ensuring capability & conduct are managed to Disney standards and both roles are a unified management team to all internal and external parties.
- Minimum 4+ years in a Retail Management and/or Retail Operations Role Overseeing Sales Team.
- Experience Working Remotely from Direct Supervision to Achieve Company Standards and Excel in Sales.
- Experience in Operations, Cash Handling, and Inventory Management.
- Experience in Training, Managing & Motivating staff to Achieve Sales Goals.
- Experience in Managing POS and Reporting Systems, Maintaining Accurate Records and Minimizing Loss.
- Experience in Liaising with Internal & External Partners to Achieve Goals.
- Experience in Visual Merchandising.
- Work with tight timelines and urgency.
- Effective Logistical Planner.
- Pro-active problem solver.
- Travel requirements: This role will travel with the production 100% of the year going to domestic tour markets for 1-week engagements.
- Must be capable of lifting a minimum of 60lbs on a consistent and daily basis.
- Must be able to handle a physically strenuous work environment for 10+ hours.
- Flexible in working hours and conditions in tour markets (e.g. adjusted work hours, shift coverage, etc.)
- Commitment to actively being part of and supporting a diverse and inclusive workplace.
- Attends and participates in equity, diversity & inclusion, anti-harassment, and any other anti-bias training and workshops as required.
- Models and supports the mission and values of The Walt Disney Company and Disney Theatrical Group by demonstrating inclusive behavior and maintaining a safe and professional working environment.
- Experience in Tour and/or Theatre/Event Environment.
- Experience developing leaders and part time sales people.
Additional Information:DTG is committed to providing the highest quality opportunities for the widest, most diverse group of talented professionals throughout their career trajectory. We encourage applications from individuals whose backgrounds are currently underrepresented in the field of theater, inclusive of race, ethnicity, class, gender identity or expression, disability status, and sexual orientation.
About Disney Theatrical Group:
The Disney Theatrical Group, a division of The Walt Disney Studios, is among the world’s most successful commercial theatre enterprises, producing and licensing live entertainment productions and events around the globe. Its nine Broadway titles, including the current Broadway productions of The Lion King, Aladdin and this year’s Frozen, have been seen by over 160 million theatergoers worldwide. The division also delivers live shows through its license to Feld Entertainment, producer of Disney on Ice and Marvel Universe Live. Additionally, the division licenses full-length and junior and kids adapted titles for regional, school and community theatre productions.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Buena Vista Theatrical Group Ltd., which is part of a business we call Disney Theatrical Group.
Buena Vista Theatrical Group Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.