Training Specialist, DigitalApply Now Apply Later Job ID 729278BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Direct-to-Consumer and International Date posted Dec. 02, 2019
- The Training Specialist (Digital) will help deploy new-hire training to Planners and Account Managers, inclusive of a number of systems and processes, with concentration on the digital new hires.
- New Hire Training-Lead and Manage the systems training & deployment for all Digital Planners and AMs
- OP1/GAM-Thorough knowledge of Disney Ad Sales Digital System of record, how it works, best practices, and a firm understanding of the functions that that Planners and AMs need to perform in order to do their job efficiently and effectively.
- IT/System Enhancements: Serve as a liaison with IT team and participate in the development and release of any new enhancements that impact our team’s workflow
- Process & Systems: Serve as a point of contact/liaison with the Process & Systems team to help identify areas of opportunity that will enhance Global Ops Training program
- Project Management: Identify needs in the business and take initiative to steward self and/or team to a solution; Participation in ongoing Learning & Development initiatives that support the Global Ad Operations team;
- Vendor Relationship Management-Establish & Maintain rapport with Digital Ad Vendors; collaborate with those teams to ensure efficacy of all training materials & any potential system enhancement deployments
- New Material Creation & Maintenance- Assist in the design and creation of training curricula, manuals, online learning modules and course materials; Update training content and materials over time to ensure their relevance and usefulness
- Service Level Agreements – Partner with the Linear Operations teams, as well as the Systems & Process team to train & deploy the Digital Global Ops SLAs to all new employees.
- Proactive and Creative Problem Solving – Responsible to identify patterns and trends within campaign management and develop solutions proactively to improve training practices and decrease potential of errors with new employees
- Performance Measurement: Conduct organization-wide training needs assessment and identify skills or knowledge gaps that need to be addressed
- Relationship Management-Serve as a conduit between Ops Leaders and Management and new hires; able to effectively communicate any issues that arise during training, particularly around retention of materials;
- Training-Participate in training initiatives to say apprised of the latest systems, organizational developments, and sales initiatives that ultimately impact deliverables to our team; Coordinate or perform administrative functions necessary to deliver and document training programs; Execute learning via instruction, discussion and/or demonstration for both new hires and current personnel.
- Minimum 3 years of related experience in Advertising Operations
- Proven leadership & problem solving skills
- Proven commitment to training & learning
- Superior project management skills
- Desire to Learn
- Project Management experience
- Desire to Teach Project Management experience
- Superior written & verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to steward a team through a project
- Bachelor’s degree
About Direct-to-Consumer and International:
Comprised of Disney’s international media businesses and the Company’s various streaming services, the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company’s global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world. This segment is responsible for The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the ESPN+ sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN; the upcoming Disney-branded direct-to-consumer streaming service; and the Company’s ownership stake in Hulu. As part of the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment, Disney Streaming Services, developer of the ESPN+ and Disney-branded streaming platforms, oversees all consumer-facing digital technology and products across the Company.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Direct-to-Consumer and International.
American Broadcasting Companies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.