UsherApply NowApply Later Job ID 825868BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Disney Theatrical Group Date posted Jul. 12, 2021
The New Amsterdam Theater is currently seeking friendly, enthusiastic, and reliable individuals with strong communication skills to join the Ushering Team for the opening of one of our shows in September. All applicants must be able to work a flexible schedule including matinees, nights, weekends and holidays. Shifts are defined as 4 hours in length, and a commitment to being available for a minimum of six total shifts per week.
- Meet, Greet and Welcome guests to the New Amsterdam Theatre
- Politely directing and escorting guests to their seats and various areas within the theatre.
- Providing guests with programs and other relevant materials, including inserting materials into programs.
- Checking assigned section for cleanliness.
- Visually sweep the theaters to check for potential safety issues and lost and found items.
- Be aware of and enforce appropriate house rules.
- Flexibility with schedule changes and assignments can include aisle directing and seating on the Orchestra, Mezzanine & Balcony levels, guest elevator posts and audience exits.
- Available to work occasional special events on short notice.
- Must be aware of, and follow, the proper procedures for assisting guests with disabilities.
- Attend pre-event Usher meetings and other trainings as required by management.
- Demonstrate or be willing to learn in-depth knowledge of the New Amsterdam Theatre and demonstrate command of the safety and evacuation procedures from all points within each venue.
- At least 1 year of experience in a customer service environment
- Excellent communication and guest service skills.
- Passion for interacting with and providing an inclusive, high quality experience for Guests from a diversity of backgrounds
- Positive attitude ability to work as a team player.
- Must learn, have full knowledge of, and follow all Guest Service procedures and guidelines
- Commitment to actively being part of and supporting a diverse and inclusive theater and workplace by demonstrating welcoming, inclusive behavior to all audience members and co-workers and maintaining a safe and professional working environment.
- Attends and participates in equity, diversity & inclusion, anti-harassment, and any other anti-bias training and workshops as required.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including matinees, nights, weekends and holidays. Shifts are defined as 4 hours in length, and a commitment to being available for a minimum of six total shifts per week.
Regular weekly shifts include (are subject to change):
Tuesday Evening: 6-10pm
Wednesday Evening: 6-10pm
Thursday Evening: 6-10pm
Friday Evening: 7-11pm
Saturday Matinee: 1-5pm
Saturday Evening: 7-11pm
Sunday Matinee: 12-4pm
Sunday Evening: 5:30-9:30pm
This is a union affiliated position. Upon 30 days of accepting the Usher role, the employee will need to join the IATSE Local 306.
Additional Information:DTG is committed to providing the highest quality opportunities for the widest, most diverse group of talented professionals throughout their career trajectory. We encourage applications from individuals whose backgrounds are currently underrepresented in the field of theater, inclusive of race, ethnicity, class, gender identity or expression, disability status, and sexual orientation.
About Disney Theatrical Group:
The Disney Theatrical Group, a division of The Walt Disney Studios, is among the world’s most successful commercial theatre enterprises, producing and licensing live entertainment productions and events around the globe. Its nine Broadway titles, including the current Broadway productions of The Lion King, Aladdin and this year’s Frozen, have been seen by over 160 million theatergoers worldwide. The division also delivers live shows through its license to Feld Entertainment, producer of Disney on Ice and Marvel Universe Live. Additionally, the division licenses full-length and junior and kids adapted titles for regional, school and community theatre productions.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with New Amsterdam Development Corporation, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Theatrical Group.
New Amsterdam Development Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.