Already applied?View Dashboard
Vice President, Disney+ FinanceApply Now Apply Later Job ID 677925BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Direct-to-Consumer and International Date posted Jun. 13, 2019
We are seeking a Vice President that will lead the global rollout for Disney+. He/She will be responsible for managing the teams that model paid market spend by content drop, proposing target CPAs, tracking the conversion rates of free trials to paid subscribers, developing scenario analysis with various churn ratios by cohorts based on industry benchmarks and history to date, calculate LTV and review success of content drops via tracking unique views and first streams. The role will also include the analysis of partner relationships, the affiliate programs and relative performance of each device platform (Google/Roku/Apple). Each country will have a P/L that will be consolidated into the global PL by the FPA and controller teams. This role will be highly focused on interacting with the performance marketing teams and the data analytics teams for content performance reporting
This role will oversee the daily, weekly and monthly reporting based on actuals and the overall financial forecast and plan process for the DTC business. In addition, the long-range forecasting of the services in coordination with centralized strategy in Burbank is important element of the role.
- Establish, track, monitor and report all D+ KPIs for each region globally on a daily/weekly/monthly basis
- Partner with the regional heads for the service as well as the customer acquisition teams both from the organic and performance marketing perspectives
- Develop impactful, compelling presentation materials (decks, notes, write-ups, backup materials, etc.) that effectively communicates financial projections, drivers, business performance, content performance risks and opportunities to leadership
- Develop, enhance, and maintain financial planning models for the streaming service, content spend, technology spend and paid market spend
- Analyze and evaluate the Long Range Plan, Annual Operating Plan, and Forecasts
- 12+ years of relevant work experience with experience in DTC subscriber models
- Excellent modelling skills with a special talent to defend model assumptions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Very strong analytical skills and the ability to identify and resolve issues
- Able to balance multiple priorities simultaneously and resolve issues quickly without sacrificing quality
- Skilled in distilling insights from data and synthesizing and crafting compelling presentations for executive audiences, both financial and non-financial
- Able to maintain both a rigorous attention to detail and a big-picture, strategic mindset
- Deliverable-focused, strong work ethic, able to prioritize, and resolve an array of issues simultaneously
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
About Direct-to-Consumer and International:
Comprised of Disney’s international media businesses and the Company’s various streaming services, the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company’s global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world. This segment is responsible for The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the ESPN+ sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN; the upcoming Disney-branded direct-to-consumer streaming service; and the Company’s ownership stake in Hulu. As part of the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment, Disney Streaming Services, developer of the ESPN+ and Disney-branded streaming platforms, oversees all consumer-facing digital technology and products across the Company.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Services LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Direct-to-Consumer and International.
Disney Streaming Services LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.