Vice President, Lifecycle MarketingApply Now Apply Later Job ID 736868BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Disney Streaming Services Date posted Jan. 16, 2020
Central to this role is data collection, execution for impact and analysis. The Vice President will lead the marketing team's efforts around audience segmentation, execution across all one-to-one or one-to-few marketing channels and analysis. This executive will partner closely with DSS’s Customer Acquisition, Product Development and Engineering teams and business leaders to craft a holistic view of the customer journey and proactively optimize to achieve the company's ambitious goals.
The successful candidate will have a unique opportunity to build and mentor a world-class team of marketing and media analytics professionals.
- Define and build the roadmap for success across each brand’s subscriber ecosystem of trialists and subscribers
- Build and maintain initiatives across subscriber onboarding, engagement, upsell and win-back campaigns
- Build, manage and motivate a team of talented growth marketers
- Exemplify a culture of growth
- Lead status updates, business reviews and resourcing meetings with executives, product, analytics, content acquisition and integrated marketing organizations
- Build collaboration and partnership across the organization with Disney North America, Disney International and ESPN
- Establish workflows, communications and prioritization for a center of excellence supporting a global organization Partner with analytics to determine the set of North Star metric(s) and KPIs to assess the impact of programs on subscriber retention
- 15+ years of experience in leading customer relationship management or lifecycle marketing operations for a direct-to-consumer brand
- Ability to implement retention and CRM campaigns using test and optimize strategies
- Experience leading large organization with both direct and indirect reports
- Prior experience in monthly subscription businesses (OTT, SAAS, Consumer Streaming, Self-Serve B2B)
- A hybrid between being a strategic thinker and driver of operational excellence
- Advanced knowledge of marketing automation best practices for consumer-facing businesses
- Knowledgeable of all the latest industry developments and trends
- Strong Influencer of roadmaps and decisions through data-based recommendations
- Understanding of laws and regulations affecting lifecycle and retention marketing, including VPPA, GDPR and CAN-SPAM
- Excellent communication skills including presenting to senior executive
- Strong working knowledge with SQL or similar query language; outstanding analytics/data skills
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience
About Disney Streaming Services:
Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ premium sports streaming service; Disney+, the dedicated streaming home for entertainment from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic and BAMTECH Media, a global leader in direct-to-consumer video streaming products and solutions. Our core mission is to deliver global audiences the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location. We serve consumers by bringing the world’s most beloved characters, timeless stories, legendary athletes, and epic sporting events to global audiences through best-in-class direct-to-consumer video services. We strive daily to imaginatively challenge convention with innovative technology that gives consumers the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Services LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Streaming Services.
Disney Streaming Services LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.