Vice President Marketing Analytics
New York, New York, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID 845842BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Disney Streaming Date posted Sep. 15, 2021
Job Summary:As the head of marketing analytics for all of Disney Streaming (Hulu, Disney+, ESPN+ and Star), this position is responsible for measurement and optimization of all paid, owned and earned marketing channels. The VP, Marketing Analytics will lead a cross-functional team of analysts, data scientists, data engineers and data product managers to deliver measurement solutions, in-depth analysis and strategic recommendations that maximize subscriber growth. The ideal candidate has a strong quantitative background with applications to marketing science, while being a collaborative partner to business operators.
- Define the vision and roadmap for marketing analytics in close partnership with Marketing and Finance leadership across the streaming services
- Provide direct leadership and mentorship to a team of 20+ analysts carrying out sophisticated quantitative analysis and cross-functional leadership to 20+ data scientists, engineers and product managers executing against the marketing analytics vision
- Lead a cross-functional team to deliver comprehensive operational measurement frameworks and solutions consisting of reporting, attribution, response modeling and experimentation across large-scale paid media budgets for awareness, performance and content
- Conduct strategic analysis and provide recommendations to drive increased return on ad spend through shifts in mix, flighting, messaging and tactics, then partner with marketers to design/execute experiments to move recommendations forward
- Oversee modeling efforts and their applications to mix optimization, attribution, targeting and experimentation
- Uncover insights to increase conversion rates within the non-subscriber user experience (landing pages, conversion flow) through ongoing experimentation
- Develop plans for long term marketing automation through algorithmic solutions
- Build out reporting and dashboarding in partnership with data product managers and data engineers to communicate subscriber acquisition performance across services, markets, channels and subscriber types
- Partner with Finance and Marketing executives to determine the ROI of marketing spend, determine spend levels, carry out annual planning, and forecast subscriber acquisition
- 10+ years of experience in a marketing science/analytics role with a deep understanding of measurement and optimization, with 10+ years of analytics leadership experience
- Understanding of econometric modeling and how to apply models to measure marketing efficiency and optimize spend, flighting and mix to maximize return on ad spend (i.e., MMM)
- Hands-on experience building out measurement frameworks combining descriptive analytics, modeled insights and causal inference to make tactical recommendations for media optimization
- Thorough understanding of capabilities offered by publishers including ad products, data integrations, conversion lift and measurement solutions
- Experience with attribution platforms for both digital and television systems, data required to power them and methodologies
- Understanding of how to design and execute incrementality experiments to validate model recommendations and gain learnings on channel/publisher efficacy
- Strategic mindset with a strong understanding of utilizing data to solve high-stakes problems in the marketing space, then telling a compelling story around it
- Familiarity with marketing technology concepts and tools (e.g., DMP, CDP, web analytics, identity resolution, programmatic ad serving, data integration)
- Understanding of algorithmic/automated bid optimization to maximize media efficiency
- Practical experience in a marketing science capacity for a large-scale direct-to-consumer and/or subscription business
- Familiarity with BI/data concepts and experience building out self-service marketing data solutions
- Bachelor degree in a related field
About Disney Streaming:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Services LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Streaming.
Disney Streaming Services LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.