Video EditorApply NowApply Later Job ID 979290BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Marvel Entertainment Date posted May 12, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
Responsibilities:• Assemble footage into rough, fine, and final cuts while maintaining professional standards
• Add music, sfx, dialogue, visual effects, and graphics to increase the quality of each video
• Receive and implement notes from producers, senior leadership, and other stakeholders
• Organize workload, manage priorities, meet deadlines, and multi-task
• Quality check videos and deliverables to ensure all assets meet standards, appropriate specs, and are ready for upload and archive
• Track time daily to ensure post-production schedule is maintained
• Report any issues that might impact progress or quality
• Actively contribute ideas to improve post production processes and workflows
• Mentor team members to help develop their post-production knowledge and skills
• Stay up-to-date on new editing techniques, tools, as well as troubleshoot and identify technical issues as they arise
• Work as a team on complex and large-scale projects as they arise
Basic Qualifications:• At least 3-5 years of post-production experience
• Experience in short-form and medium-form video
• Expert in Adobe Premiere: Editing, sound design, and color correction
• A working knowledge of After Effects, Photoshop, Media Encoder, and Audition
• Detailed technical knowledge of camera formats and video codecs
• Ability to remain calm and professional in high-stress situations
• A creative problem solver who can troubleshoot technical and editorial issues
This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
About Marvel Entertainment:
Marvel Entertainment, LLC, a wholly-owned subsidiary of The Walt Disney Company, is one of the world's most prominent character-based entertainment companies, built on a proven library of over 8,000 characters featured in a variety of media over seventy years. Marvel utilizes its character franchises in entertainment, licensing and publishing.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Marvel Partnerships, LLC, which is part of a business we call Marvel Entertainment.
Marvel Partnerships, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.