Already applied?View Dashboard
VideographerApply Now Apply Later Job ID 553755BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Studio Entertainment Brand Marvel Date posted May. 07, 2018
Job Summary:Marvel New Media is seeking a Videographer who will be integral to the operation and growth of the its creative space, field and event production business. This New York-based role will be part of the production team tasked with the creation of audio & video content, from promotional material to original entertainment, distributed on all key Marvel and social media platforms.
Candidate must have a creative and production background, focused primarily on studio & shoot production expertise, as well as the ability to mold well with different personalities and experience dealing with all levels of talent.
The candidate must be very well organized, creative, an effective communicator, team player, and thrive in a fast-paced environment. Must be self-motivated with an ability to work autonomously. This role will report directly to our Senior Editor/Director .
- Serve as lead camera/cinematographer for all productions, including livestreams, done in our NYC creative space, working closely with our production, technical and social teams as well as on-camera talent.
- Handle all lighting needs for productions done in our NYC creative space, in collaboration with our technical crew
- Identify and implement emerging technologies for visual storytelling
- Generate ideas for, and experiments with, new visual formats and content types while striving to tell stories in new and different ways
- Execute shoots in the field and at conventions/events, working with others from the production team
- Help operations crew maintain camera, lighting and audio equipment in our NYC office
- Minimum of 5 years experience in video content production, including directing and shooting. Entertainment & news experience a plus.
- Proficiency in the use of broadcast equipment and technology, including but not limited to, cameras, lighting, and audio devices
- Experience in Adobe Premiere and Photoshop, After Effects not required, but is a plus
- Must be able to work independently or in a team environment, make smart decisions, and think strategically with an attention to detail.
- Hard working, detail oriented, passionate about production, interested in technical areas and continually offers creative ideas.
- Organized with time and possesses a solid understanding of how long various production shoots will take
- Must be comfortable supporting or giving direction to freelance Directors/cameramen and working with crew
- Must have a strong interest in both creative & production
- Must be a strong team player, with a creative eye for producing visual material.
- Must feel comfortable supporting and collaborating with both experienced and less experienced directors & producers.
- Must possess strong organizational skills and effective time management to communicate effectively with internal and external teams.
Required EducationBachelor’s degree (TV/Film/Journalism or related field) or equivalent work experience
Marvel Entertainment, LLC, a wholly-owned subsidiary of The Walt Disney Company, is one of the world's most prominent character-based entertainment companies, built on a proven library of over 8,000 characters featured in a variety of media over seventy years. Marvel utilizes its character franchises in entertainment, licensing and publishing.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Marvel Digital Media Group LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Marvel.
Marvel Digital Media Group LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.