Visual Verification Producer - Project, ABC NewsApply NowApply Later Job ID 763283BR Location New York, New York, United States Business ABC News Date posted Jul. 17, 2020
The candidate will be comfortable optimizing (pitching, writing) this content for use across different platforms, working closely with editorial for broadcast and digital. S/he will be comfortable in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment, demonstrating impeccable judgment and social acumen.
Also the reporter/producer will be required to write and edit copy for the ABC News website.
This is a Project position and employment will continue on this Project (at the company’s sole discretion), and in no event shall extend past the completion of the Project.
- Manage the day-to-day curation of content from multiple social platforms
- React to breaking news and plan for major news events
- Vet social video and flag any concerns to the assignment desk
- Pitch all platforms based on content found in social
- Work closely with shows and digital to meet UGC needs
- Report on social verification for ABC News platforms
- Clear and effective written and verbal communication skills
- Experience writing for a print or online news publication
- Knowledge of disinformation tactics and social platform policies
- Proven competency across social platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and Snapchat
- Strong understanding of social media curation tools
- Highly organized and detail oriented with exceptional sense of accountability
- Ability to manage multiple projects and create ideas in a fast-paced environment
- Minimum 3 years’ experience with news organization
- BA or BS degree or equivalent experience
About ABC News:
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call ABC News.
American Broadcasting Companies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.