VP, Ad Sales (Local)Apply NowApply Later Job ID 789435BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted May 04, 2021
In addition to leading Regional sales teams, the VP will work with peers and cross-functional stakeholders to maximize revenue and deliver best in class multi-media advertising campaigns.
- Sales leadership
- Sales Addressable team
- Revenue Management & Operations addressable team
- Disney Ad Sales Regional, VP Addressable leadership
- Ad Sales Research, Brand Solutions
- Agency and Marketing Clients
- Lead the Disney Ad Sales Local Leaders for the Eastern, Western and Mid-West Regions.
- Responsible for meeting and exceeding addressable revenue for assigned agency and/or client group
- Expand clients marketing campaigns to include Disney Ad Sales Local sponsorships and custom brand solutions to achieve clients deliverables.
- Establish a recognized presence in the market with the full complement of Disney Ad Sales Local opportunities, identify new addressable revenue opportunities in streaming, social and digital
- Provide weekly updates on digital revenue performance, including details on booked deals, working pipeline, progress against UF commits, scatter opportunities, competitive intel. (relative to agency or category)
- Help develop addressable narrative for the portfolio and take it to market with the full Disney ad Sales team
- Work in coordination with the Multimedia teams but should be autonomous to divide and conquer incremental sales effort in the market. Responsible for generating demand for streaming, social, and data driven addressable products
- Partner with DAS’s internal teams including Addressable Enablement, Ad Operations, Revenue Management, Transactional Sales, Business Operations and Client & Brand Solutions and our segment partners, including Technology, Finance and others to devise addressable advertising solutions and drive innovation and creativity throughout the entire sales process
- Foster meaningful Mid-Market CMO & CEO relationships with agency and brand leads
- Support agency and account transitions to all sellers within Disney Ad Sales Local
- Ensure we have a diverse team and a positive culture of inclusion
- 8+ years of direct selling experience in advertising sales with relevant sales experience in a media organization
- Significant experience in premium TV and addressable advertising sales, understanding and delivering direct and automated (programmatic and self-serve) sales
- Deep experience with optimized linear and addressable television, as well as experience working with agencies focusing on new media
- History of success in new business development and utilizing data to inform and create a path for sales teams.
- Expertise in strategy to respond to the changing marketplace
- Understanding of Local Sales across the US
- Strong knowledge of external vendors and partners necessary for Local media transactions
- Strong understanding of new media technologies
- A change leader with experience guiding new teams to deliver revenue
- Experience interfacing with high level executives, clients and agencies
- Experienced leader of data driven sales managing the sales cycle with advanced campaign measurement and attribution
- Strong Sales Leader with an established history of prospecting new clients, generating leads and closing sales
- Able to simply and compellingly present complex marketing programs to clients. Able to lead brainstorming sessions as the need and situations demand
- Clear up swim lanes and distribution of account assignments
- Manage multiple projects with tight deadlines; communicate effectively with a range of executives, department teams and clients
- Ability to perform at a high level even when faced with unexpected change; creative problem solver in dealing with difficult or unexpected challenges
- Be willing to take risks to ensure creative thinking and the best outcomes possible
- Able to work with data, create solutions and deal with ambiguity
- Ability to travel based on business needs
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Advertising Sales, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
Disney Advertising Sales, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.