VP Disney Platforms, ABC News Long Form - ABC NewsApply Now Apply Later Job ID 701354BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Walt Disney Television Date posted Oct. 18, 2019
- Identify non-fiction programs and series that meet the programming needs of the distribution partners in the Disney universe including Hulu, National Geographic, Disney+, FX, and Freeform
- Identify initiatives that leverage ABC News content and the long form development expertise across the Disney distribution platforms to drive revenue and reach new audiences
- Liaise across the company to generate buy-in for ABC News Long Form as creators of the best non-fiction stories
- Partner with the VP, Production, and the Business Affairs and Finance teams to oversee program execution from concept to delivery
- Partner with the Executive Director, Development and the SVP Long Form to create a development pipeline that meets the needs of an evolving Walt Disney Company strategy
- Partner with the ABC News digital team to develop a cohesive content and distribution strategy for key brands and emerging projects as well as identify opportunities to leverage social media to expand the reach of ABC News
- Work closely with research teams to understand the audience demographics across platforms and create strategies to deliver compelling content wherever the audience wants to consume it while maximizing revenue
- Identify creative financing and co-production arrangements that maximize the ABC News Long Form investment and drive new revenues
- Seek out new production partnerships that bring new creative talent into the ABC News Long Form universe
- Work closely with ABC News Finance team and the VP, Production to assess new production models and ensure budgets are deployed to maximize return
- Lead assessment of key industry trends and identify opportunities
- Experience overseeing multiple documentaries and docu-series successfully shepherding them from idea to execution
- Wide industry knowledge of talent, process and various pipelines
- Experience leading corporate strategy development and execution
- Successful program pitching experience across multiple platforms
- An experimental, risk-taking mind-set: Must be open to thinking outside of traditional television formats and outside of the traditional linear television model
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills which will enable him/her to interact with a range of personalities and styles and establish effective relationships at all levels of the organization; have a problem-solving approach; be highly self-motivated, well-organized and have a strong work ethic
- Experience managing creative teams in a high-pressure environment
- A track record of managing large budgets
- Experience in a large dynamic media company
- A passion for documentary and non-fiction programming
- Minimum 10+ years’ experience overseeing production of documentaries and docu-series
- Minimum 10+ years of experience in corporate strategy roles
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent work experience
About Walt Disney Television:
Walt Disney Television (WDT) redefines the future of media and entertainment. Delivering compelling creative, great storytelling, ground-breaking technology, high-impact marketing and innovative distribution, WDT offers multiple opportunities to build a career that supports entertaining and informing the world. A key unit of The Walt Disney Company, one of the world's most admired vertically integrated media enterprises, WDT includes global live action and animation entertainment, news, owned television stations, and radio. If you've got a passion to join our team of talented professionals we want to hear your story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Television.
American Broadcasting Companies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.