VP espnWApply NowApply Later Job ID 885867BR Location New York, New York, United States Business ESPN Date posted Jan. 13, 2022
This key executive will drive the espnW business strategy and create opportunities to accelerate the growth and expansion of espnW across owned platforms as well as third-party platforms and channels that are vital to reaching and engaging female audiences. She will liaise with key company stakeholders to ensure strategy implementation across the organization (e.g. content, marketing, ad sales, finance, legal, product and technology), while at the same time being responsible for managing the business performance, spotting trends/criticalities and reporting periodically to the Leadership team.
- Lead the espnW editorial vision, directing cross-functional teams and facilitating efforts to drive editorial and strategic coherence of espnW.
- Build new business strategies, rationalize processes, and identify, qualify and present key business issues to top management.
- Including, working with Finance and Corp Strategy on business planning for espnW projects, including quantitative models to support business development and value creation efforts and working closely with Ad Sales and other revenue groups to help drive revenue
- Establish and build strategic relationships with executives from potential and established partners in women’s sports
- Identify and evaluate potential third-party opportunities for espnW while also fully understanding, supporting and expanding our existing businesses.
- Extensive analytical and modeling skills with the ability to collaborate across a diverse range of stakeholders, including multiple levels of management within ESPN.
- Work with top management of ESPN and relevant internal colleagues (Marketing, Strategy, Finance, Ad Sales, Affiliate Sales and Marketing, etc.) to develop new editorial, business and product initiatives.
- Consult regularly with ESPN colleagues regarding how espnW activities can support their initiatives and businesses
- Give presentations to internal and external parties (including industry panels) espnW.
- Oversee and optimize editorial content production, planning and budgeting
- A minimum of 15 years of extensive business development and editorial experience
- High degree of quantitative and analytical experience in media or technology
- Excellent project management skills
- Ability to manage multiple, time-sensitive projects with competing demands for resources
- Strong ability to comprehend, structure and negotiate complex business agreements,
- Strong business and financial acumen,
- Superior analytical and writing skills
- Strong and effective negotiating skills, including: deep understanding of the traditional media business, internet, new media and interactive platforms and the associated business models
- Business acumen and ability to read and synthesize various media consumption and marketplace reports;
- Excellent strategic and creative thinking, with particular emphasis on evaluating new opportunities and changing marketplace and media consumption dynamics
- Experience working in a senior capacity in a business development and/or commercial group/function in a leading media or technology corporation
- Developing and presenting business plan proposals to peers and other executives
- Track record in conceptualizing, establishing and building new businesses
- Ability to provide guidance on strategy for developing, offering or acquiring digital media goods and services.
- Superior communication skills with the ability to interact cross-functionally at all organizational levels and externally with business associates and clients, including exceptional organizational, prioritization and time management skills
- Is excellent at presenting complex information in a formal and clear manner to all levels of employees
- Knowledgeable in traditional media and cutting edge internet and wireless goods and services
- Bachelor’s degree, MBA Preferred
Working at ESPN is unlike anything else. That’s because we’re always finding new ways to interact with fans – however and wherever they connect with sports. Every day we’re doing things that no one has done, all in a dynamic culture where we defy odds and continuously outdo ourselves. When you have the latest technology, game-changing ideas and world-class talent on your team, every day is extraordinary.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ESPN, Inc, which is part of a business segment we call ESPN.
ESPN, Inc is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.