VP Marketing Design
New York, NY - USApply Now Apply Later
Job ID 667987BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Disney Streaming Services Date posted 21/05/2019
Job Summary:Disney Streaming Services Design is a growing practice of multi-disciplinary creators and storytellers. We are passionate about building best-in-class products around exclusive content for a global audience. We live in the space where art and science meet, connecting data, technology and human-centric design principles to craft a compelling end-to-end experience. We believe in researching customer needs, innovating through technology, delivering at the highest standard of craft and positioning, cultivating a culture of collaboration, celebrating wins, but never settling.
We are looking for a VP of Marketing Design to join our expanding team. This is an opportunity to collaborate with the very best in design, marketing, content and technology to help drive success for industry-leading products used by millions across the world.
The VP of Marketing Design will help shape the future of the Marketing Design team at Disney Streaming Services by taking ownership of the vision, process, and frameworks used to execute exceptional marketing creative on a daily basis. This candidate will partner with Marketing, Product Design, Content Operations? and Analytics/CRM partners to create visually compelling and effective creative solutions that are consistent with the brand position, adhere to best practices, and are inclusive of the team’s input. You’ll be successful as the VP of Marketing Design by continually improving the quality, velocity, capabilities and culture of the marketing design program.
As the VP of Marketing Design, you are responsible for building and leading an internal, centralized studio of art directors, visual designers, motion designers, copywriters, video editors and producers within the DSS organization with the mission of establishing a best-in-class marketing program.
- Define the creative vision for the program, working directly with various marketing teams, to support the entirety of the marketing ecosystem
- Establish and nurture partnerships with cross-functional teams including Product & UX, Data & Analytics, Technology, Operations, and External Vendors (i.e.: CRMs) in order to create engaging and data-driven marketing campaigns, both at a local and global scale
- Own a wide multi-channel portfolio of the DSS Marketing team’s direct-to-consumer products including, but not limited to, email campaigns, marketing landing pages, social media assets, public relation collateral, from inception to completion
- Innovate on new ways to acquire, engage and retain users through market research, leveraging new technologies and creative resources
- Master the art of storytelling and innovative content marketing, using the science behind data to inform the ideation and optimization process—and able to effectively direct the team on how to hone these skills in their work
- Possess exceptional conceptual and design sensibilities, and able to successfully lead a team to execute across a range of digital experiences
- Have extensive knowledge of marketing lifecycles and customer touchpoints
- Partner with Localization partners in Product and Design to ensure a meaningful experience for all users, based on their locale and language preferences
- Uphold the Brand Book guidelines and ensure a high-level of quality, establishing consistency across multiple projects and touchpoints
- Work closely with Operations and Project Management to identify results-oriented workflows and best practices
- Collaborate with Project Management to develop an operationalized intake process for the Marketing Design workstream, ensuring team has all requirements, assets, and resources necessary to design the right creative solution
- Ensure stakeholder approvals and timely delivery while not sacrificing quality
- Work with design leadership and project management to create and manage budgets and resources
- Manage vendor relationships and contract negotiations as needed
- Possess strong communication and presentation skills, and proven ability to effectively get buy-in at all levels and from varied stakeholders
- Manage and ensure the team is able to execute multiple projects and workstreams, consistently meeting deadlines
- Provide career growth guidance and resources for the team, including goal-setting, mentorship, training, and performance evaluation
- Give creative direction, both in group settings (crits) and individually (1:1s), and actively communicate key decisions to leadership for visibility into workstreams
- 10+ years of marketing design experience, preferably in direct-to-consumer products
- 8+ years experience managing a marketing design team, including visual designers, motion designers, copywriters, and project managers
- A strong portfolio showcasing experience working on consumer-facing products, demonstrating campaign success metrics and spanning multi-channel touch points across the full customer lifecycle
- Experienced on large design teams (15+)
- Expert in design software including Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch and After Effects
- Proficient in HTML/CSS a plus
- Proficient in workflow and asset management tools including Abstract, Zeplin and Jira
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree in communication design or related field required
Additional Information:Imagine a career with an organization that brings smiles to millions every day. Imagine working with people whose passion for what they do is simply indescribable. We are The Walt Disney Company, live with a rich legacy of innovation, entertainment, and lifelong memories. With our vast array of both businesses and professionals, you’ll have the opportunity to join a team that’s beloved around the world, and to find out how it feels to love what you do. We invite you to discover for yourself why a career with Disney is the opportunity you‘ve been looking for.
About Disney Streaming Services:
Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ premium sports streaming service; the upcoming Disney subscription video service; and BAMTECH Media, a global leader in direct-to-consumer video streaming products and solutions. Our core mission is to deliver global audiences the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location. We serve consumers by bringing the world’s most beloved characters, timeless stories, legendary athletes, and epic sporting events to global audiences through best-in-class direct-to-consumer video services. We strive daily to imaginatively challenge convention with innovative technology that gives consumers the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Services LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Streaming Services.
Disney Streaming Services LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.