VP, Measurement Transformation and InsightsApply NowApply Later NOTE: We have a new application system, please create a new account if you have not done so yet when applying. Job ID 10004196 Location New York, New York, United States / Santa Monica, California, United States Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted Aug. 02, 2022 Flex Type On-Site
- This role is considered on-site, which means the employee will work from a Company designated location on an ongoing basis.
The Measurement & Insights teams deliver cross-platform measurement, advancement, forecasting, portfolio & brand insights , including data that directly fuel sales communications strategy & storytelling. We are at an inflection point in measurement in our industry and Disney will guide the future development of alternative currencies in the market.
Reporting into the SVP, Data Enablement and Category Strategy, this role will have oversight of Ad Sales Research and Measurement. This role is responsible for developing industry-leading measurement modernization strategies, cross platform analytics and insights to drive business decisions, growth and revenue. This executive will be the face of our measurement strategy externally and internally, actively participating on many industry stages. This department manages the ad sales research efforts regarding performance and impact of partnerships across the entire Disney media portfolio including ABC, Disney Channel Worldwide, Disney +, ESPN, Freeform, FX, Nat Geo, and Hulu across all platforms.
The Measurement and Insights team is comprised of three major areas:
- Innovation - This executive will lead efforts and make recommendations on areas of innovation in research – new currencies, tools, partners and investments that can accelerate Disney’s position in the market. This executive will manage the department budget that oversees all research vendors and tools.
- Addressable, Local & Multiplatform Audience Impact - works within the DMED Ad Sales group to compile and analyze insights to support the ad sales team’s efforts, across Addressable, Local & Multiplatform audiences. The team works closely with 3rd party vendors to develop new measurement solutions while aligning with internal sales leadership, category strategy, brand marketing and product marketing to properly position Disney’s assets to the advertising marketplace.
- Enablement- facilitates forecasting, provides sales teams with marketplace intelligence, and partners with Ad Platforms to integrate measurement capabilities into the Disney ecosystem. This team remains on the cutting edge of cross-platform research by turning data into insights. Leverages expertise in media, qualitative and quantitative methodologies and data analysis to help shape research design, and share actionable findings.
- President, Disney Advertising Sales
- EVP, Client Solutions & Addressable Enablement
- Client Solutions leadership
- Data and Category Strategy teams
- Sales leadership
- DMED and DGE leadership
- WDT leadership
- 15+ years’ experience in Advertising Measurement, Data, & Insights – to include significant leadership and strategy development
- Experienced in leading multifunctional teams
- Experience interfacing with high level executives, clients and agencies
- Experience of leading and driving high performance and engagement from large, complex teams
- Deep understanding of identity and advanced marketing analytics for direct to consumer businesses (video streaming or subscription business experience a plus)
- Ability to perform deep dive analyses into marketing interactions, customer journeys, and conversion funnels
- Experience using statistical data modeling techniques to create customer segments, optimize targeting, and create forecasts
Education, Skills & Capabilities:
- Bachelor’s degree minimum. Preferably a degree in Business, Marketing, Advertising, Consumer Insights or related field. Advanced degree a plus
- Strong organization skills and ability to work on multiple tasks simultaneously while achieving quality standards and meeting deadlines with ambiguous requirements
- Ability to be collaborative, proactive and resourceful
- Demonstrated ability to lead a dynamic and diverse team, manage multiple projects and bring projects to successful execution on time and on budget
- Ability to travel based on business needs
- Collaborate with teammates to drive professional growth/skill development and enhance the quality of the work product
- Establish and cultivate a strong cross-functional working relationship
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Advertising Sales, LLC, which is part of a business we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
Disney Advertising Sales, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.