VP - Operations & Business PlanningApply NowApply Later Job ID 10031882 Location New York, New York, United States Business ABC Owned TV Stations Date posted Nov. 10, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
Vice President, Operations and Business Planning
WABC-TV and Live With Kelly & Ryan
The VP, Operations and Business Planning will lead the WABC and Live with Kelly & Ryan Show Operations, Business Management, Planning and Finance team. This individual will build a deep operational knowledge of the Station’s linear and multi-platform businesses including the nationally syndicated Live with Kelly and Ryan Show and lead all annual planning and analysis activities. The VP, Operations & Business Planning is a key leader within the station who will work closely with the President / General Manger on developing, implementing and supporting a clear strategic vision for our businesses and will be effective in communicating, motivating and inspiring our team in executing that vision via hands-on leadership, optimism, strategic risk-taking and focused metrics of success.
This position reports to the President and General Manager of WABC and will collaborates closely with Sales, Planning, Marketing, Distribution, Legal, Finance and Administrative Operations teams across WABC and the entire Walt Disney Company.
- Responsible for leading the execution of long and short range business planning. This is inclusive of financial review, consolidation and presentation of the station’s forecasts, annual operating plans, capital plans and long range strategic plans
- Responsible for leading the preparation, review and analysis of the station’s quarterly financial statements
- Act as a business advisor and key business partner for the station’s and show’s management teams and support them in their decision making processes
- Develop and retain knowledge and fluency in the business performance and financial drivers to advise on key business planning assumptions and opportunities
- Create, maintain and report on key business metrics to ensure business objectives are met
- Prepare presentations and ad hoc analyses for WABC, LWKR and OTV Division partnerships
- Stay informed and engaged in current landscape of the media industry and proactively explore new trends in the marketplace
- Develop and manage a professional staff, including offering oversight, motivating and directing the team in its goals and objectives
- Responsible for negotiation and review of local partnership and business contracts
- Partner with Legal and Labor Relations regarding CBAs and Union coordination
- Drive business planning around revenue generating events
- Drive business and partnership development efforts to drive modernization and further group goals
- Partner with multiple Linear, Digital and Program Sales leadership and in executing strategic initiatives to meet/exceed advertising budgets/forecasts and monetize audiences across all platforms
- Partner with TWDC credit and collection teams in evaluating and managing advertiser and agency credit approvals.
- Partner closely with TWDC HR team
- Collaborate with internal and external business partners
- Execute all corporate policies/objectives while maintaining the highest level of ethics and industry standards
- Establish and maintain an innovative and highly collaborative culture atmosphere that promotes novel idea generation, open communication, respect for others and excellence
- 7+ years of relevant work experience
- Experience managing TV Station or Media business budgeting and strategic planning
- Advanced financial modeling and analytical skills
- Proven ability to manage and develop teams
- Strong work ethic with the ability to prioritize, anticipate change and resolve an array of issues simultaneously
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to translate financial information to various business audiences to drive decision making
- Demonstrated ability to persuasively present complex business issues and solutions, clearly and concisely
- Strong passion for local broadcasting, news and community engagement
- Ability to build strong relationships with senior station and TWDC executives and be a trusted and reliable source of information, analysis and support
- Strong technical skills: Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Understanding of FCC rules and regulations
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics or Business Administration
- MBA and/or CPA strongly preferred
WABC-TV is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.
The hiring range for this position in New York is $245,760.00 to $337,920.00 per year. The base pay actually offered will take into account internal equity and also may vary depending on the candidate’s geographic region, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience among other factors. A bonus and/or long-term incentive units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to the full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the level and position offered.
About ABC Owned TV Stations:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with WABC Television (New York), LLC, which is part of a business we call ABC Owned TV Stations.
WABC Television (New York), LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.