Already applied?View Dashboard
VP Operations Disney+Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 665948BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Disney Streaming Services Date posted May. 10, 2019
Job Summary:The Walt Disney Company (TWDC) has a diverse portfolio of companies in a global enterprise that stretches from movies, television, news, sports, games, theme parks, resorts and a cruise line and a variety of other businesses.
Disney Streaming Services is a business unit within The Walt Disney Company’s Direct-to-Consumer and International (DTCI) segment that oversees all consumer-facing digital video subscription services across the company. Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ premium sports streaming service, programmed in conjunction with ESPN; the upcoming Disney+ service; and BAMTECH Media, a global leader in direct-to-consumer video streaming products and solutions. Its core mission is to deliver global audiences the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location.
This position will be part of the Disney Streaming Services Business Operations team, and is responsible for establishing operating standards and processes within the DISNEY+ team that will ensure the overall effective and smooth running of various business, product and marketing initiatives, as well as overseeing business operations within the ESPN+ team.
We’re looking for talented team-players with an entrepreneurial spirit, who will thrive upon the legacy of our company yet embrace unconventional thinking, and who are passionate about contributing to The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer experience through strategic hard-work and determination.
Responsibilities:The VP Disney+ Operations will be responsible for critical areas of execution, with a particular focus on the smooth implementation of marketing and distribution initiatives.
- Helping marketing, product and tech colleagues translate business plans/tactics into detailed development or creative requirements. If no new requirements, ensuring the existing capabilities and process is applied as intended.
- Handling the tactical implementation of all administrative and production support requirements for campaign delivery/execution end-to-end (e.g. finance or legal approvals for offers, promotions or packages)
- Executing the repeatable steps to active or maintain a process, measure quality and report on business-as-usual activities/execution.
- Defining and supporting incident management processes, to efficiently handle exceptions, issues, feedback from relevant stakeholders and third parties.
- Identifying business processes that can be improved/automated and prioritising the development resources required to do so.
Areas of responsibility include:
- Day to Day Operations
- Institute procedures and processes for efficient inception of, and ensuring successful delivery of, key marketing and business projects
- Cost planning around new tools, services, vendors proposed by the wider team
- Distribution/platform partner reporting on-boarding, validation and on-going delivery
- Business planning supporting, including (but not limited to) stream capacity forecasting and analysis; payment processing volumes; marketing programme costs; etc., in partnership with finance and technology
- Improvement of asset clearance process and managing an efficient global creative translation & approvals workflow
- Web and advertising production coordination, as required for promotions and distribution activities.
- Partnership with Customer support organization for long term strategic planning as well as day-to-day escalations and release management.
- Representing the Disney+ business team for developing and delivering incident management processes and compliance requirements.
- Business Intelligence
- Consistently reviewing marketing/business analytics from finance, technology and data groups, for Disney+, and translating those contributions to a backlog of actionable business, process and product improvement proposals.
- Providing operational perspective in the Voice of the Customer programme led by Customer Service
- Ensuring high-level of communication with executives around status of in-flight business-as-usual activity across, ensuring all critical project deliverables and timing is well articulated and final deliverables are vetted and approved by the relevant stakeholders before being deployed.
- In collaboration with the business and finance team, prepare reports, briefings and communications for external consumption and within the greater Disney Streaming Services and Disney organizations.
- Major Projects
- The operations executive will manage the implementation and execution of other major business projects across the Disney+/DSS organization. This may include marketing technology implementations, new process development, enterprise tool development, new editorial/content projects, third-party services, or vendor transitions.
- Day-to-day business liaison to ensure smooth and successful on-boarding or off-boarding major partners for Disney+
- Cross-functional co-ordination as required in support of special programming events
- 15+ years’ experience in consumer digital Operations or product delivery management
- Ability to manage and influence large scale teams and collaborate with senior executives
- Expertise managing complex technical and/or marketing projects from inception to delivery
- Deep experience in the digital media and entertainment verticals
- Experience developing executive presentations, reports, data analysis, business cases and strategic plans.
- Experience leading incident management, problem resolution groups, regulatory governance forums and/or similar oversight forums within large organizations.
- Understanding of CRM, business intelligence and marketing automation platforms
- Vendor selection and management experience
- Experience partnering with software engineering product development functions, for complex product delivery
- Familiarity with agile development methodology, sprint planning and resource management
- Comfort with ambiguity and exceptional influencing skills
- Position is required to be in New York City (remote is not an option)
- Master degree required
About Disney Streaming Services:
Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ premium sports streaming service; the upcoming Disney subscription video service; and BAMTECH Media, a global leader in direct-to-consumer video streaming products and solutions. Our core mission is to deliver global audiences the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location. We serve consumers by bringing the world’s most beloved characters, timeless stories, legendary athletes, and epic sporting events to global audiences through best-in-class direct-to-consumer video services. We strive daily to imaginatively challenge convention with innovative technology that gives consumers the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Services LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Streaming Services.
Disney Streaming Services LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.