VP Product Management, Ad Platforms
New York, New York, United States; Santa Monica, California, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID 814520BR Location New York, New York, United States; Santa Monica, California, United States Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted Jul. 28, 2021
Job Summary:This Vice President, Product Management, Ad Platforms is a senior leadership position within the Ad Platforms group of The Walt Disney Company.
This role reports to the Head of DMED Advertising Platforms and is responsible for leading a team of product managers and product marketers to craft the product strategy, develop market-leading product innovations, and be the steward of capturing an understanding of advertising market needs, present and future, and translating into feature requirements and effectively managing in a matrixed organization. From product inception to product delivery, this leader is responsible for the creating and motivating a team of industry and domain experts that manage the product development life cycle, and communicate the strategy and vision to technology management and other business stakeholders.
The Vice President is directly responsible for partnering with all areas of the DMED Ad Platforms organization, across Product, Engineering, and Partnerships. Additionally, this global leader must effectively partner across the Technology organization, and other key stakeholders in Disney Ad Sales, Disney Finance, as well as senior leaders within the brands and regions that rely on advertising for its business. The leader must establish strong, collaborative, and productive partnerships across all stakeholders.
The successful candidate will set the vision and organizational structure of the team and works closely with Technology leadership to set objectives and drive effective short and long-term Ad Platform product strategies and plans.
The Vice President is a strategic thinker with the ability to evaluate, prioritize, and execute large-scale initiatives. The position requires a senior presence and excellent verbal and written communication skills. This leader must also be a subject matter expert in advertising.
- Develop, articulate and create the execution plan for Disney’s advertising product strategy.
- Combine vision, creativity and domain expertise to transform TV advertising with ground-breaking product innovation.
- Actively participate at a senior executive level across the DMED and broader Disney organization (Product, Technology, TPM, Sales, Data Platforms, Brands) to align and coordinate product design, priorities, delivery and other business activities.
- Be the product architect for, and delivery the digital unified ad platform, as well as a senior contributor to the unified ad platform across linear and digital, in order to chart and secure Disney’s ongoing advertising leadership.
- Work effectively, both directly and via the product team, with Disney Ad Sales to identify and delivery product needs through product design, requirements development, road-mapping, and delivery.
- Leverage a strong ad tech ecosystem acumen in order to identify partners, in concert with Head of Ad Partnerships, that help deliver industry-leading innovation as part of our product strategy.
- Motivate, inspire, develop, and curate the most talented and capable product management teams in the advertising business, also with a focus on diversity and inclusion.
- Create a team structure and development process that rewards quality and velocity so that Disney may accelerate its market leading position in advertising.
- Represent Disney in the market as an expert for both direct sales support and market event representation.
- Build an unified operational cadence with Disney Ad Sales that allows us to develop and exceed established goals.
- Inject a strong enterprise product management discipline into the Ad Platform organization.
- Instill an inclusive team culture that is both passionate and collaborative.
- 10+ years of enterprise product management experience in advertising
- A proven track record of building highly effective product teams and delivering market-leading ad product innovation.
- A clear ability to articulate vision and strategy, along with strong written and oral communication skills
- Understanding of the advertising ecosystem, including technical capabilities required for the TV/video advertising business, and an informed point of view on the industry’s direction and needs
- Demonstrated ability to create, articulate, and execute a product vision based on an understanding of market drivers, trends, competitive positions and opportunities
- Strong familiarity with device, platform, ad tech companies and other participants in the ad ecosystem
- Keen ability to identify, hire, develop and motivate top talent, as well as establish high performing organization structures
- Demonstrated leadership skills, including ability to motivate to achieve ambitious goals
- Strong business acumen with an understanding of the market and financial implications of the product development processes
- Experience with organizational transformation including stakeholder management, team alignment, and strong communication
- Demonstrated operational excellence in executing against a product vision, able to deliver product with the intended business impact and within the anticipated timelines and budgetary scope
- Excellent problem-solving, analytical, team management, and interpersonal skills
- Bachelor's Degree
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.