VP Product Marketing, Disney +Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 725740BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Disney Streaming Services Date posted Dec. 05, 2019
The ideal candidate is passionate about delivering innovative digital experiences to the delight of consumers on a global stage and will have a substantial track record of successfully building and leading product marketing teams or leading large-scale consumer-facing e-commerce organizations in similar contexts. Must be entrepreneurial, technologically savvy and data-driven. Must be strategic but also execution-oriented. Leadership, collaboration, communication and a process-driven approach to product marketing and go-to-market strategies are hallmarks of the successful candidate.
- Understanding our audience through marketing sizing, insights, and customer segmentation
- Collaborate with other product marketing teams (ESPN+ and Hulu) on bundle offers
- Drive volume and efficiency through media planning and programmatic buying
- Focus on increasing engagement and subscriptions through messaging, content development, and feature differentiation
- Engaging in continuous consumer feedback to deliver on Disney’s World Class customer service philosophy and improve content and service offerings
- Effective positioning of our products to desired audiences and messaging that supports our brand promise of excellence
- Delivering on goals of new subscribers and retention through personalized programming and optimization of Marketing Landing Pages
- Maintain competitive insights, market, and industry intelligence
- Develop detailed consumer segmentation and define user personas/user journeys/use cases globally
- Collaborate with Product, Digital / Performance Marketing and Brand Marketing teams, Engineering and Executive staff to develop product positioning, communications, and messaging
- Translate market intelligence and positioning into aligned product attributes and inputs to inform product strategy and feature prioritization
- Drive pricing, pricing studies and proformas in partnership with Strategy, Finance and executive teams
- Oversee the development and execution of an organic editorial calendar across digital channels including social
- Partner with business owners and marketing teams to ensure acquisition and retention campaigns are aligned with product positioning
- Develop capabilities to test & validate in-market positioning to continually learn, evolve, and improve
- Hire and manage vendors as applicable
- 12+ years of relevant experience in product marketing or large-scale, consumer-facing e-commerce
- Passion for building a world class team and developing employees across all levels of the organization
- Strong communication and presentation skills for audiences ranging from senior executives and marketing to engineering
- Excellent communication, decision making, and prioritization capabilities
- Significant and successful track record in both hands-on and leadership roles in Consumer digital product marketing
- Degree in relevant field
- MBA preferred
About Disney Streaming Services:
Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ premium sports streaming service; Disney+, the dedicated streaming home for entertainment from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic and BAMTECH Media, a global leader in direct-to-consumer video streaming products and solutions. Our core mission is to deliver global audiences the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location. We serve consumers by bringing the world’s most beloved characters, timeless stories, legendary athletes, and epic sporting events to global audiences through best-in-class direct-to-consumer video services. We strive daily to imaginatively challenge convention with innovative technology that gives consumers the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Services LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Streaming Services.
Disney Streaming Services LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.