WABC - Investigative ReporterApply NowApply Later Job ID 876320BR Location New York, New York, United States Business ABC Owned TV Stations Date posted Oct. 19, 2021
- Responsible for investigating important and complex community issues by developing valuable sources and using the latest investigative tools, including data journalism, to expose problems and find solutions
- Be tenacious in uncovering stories to develop exclusive and compelling investigative reports
- Expected to develop investigative story lines for daily coverage as well as working investigative angles during big breaking news stories
- Source and generate leads in an effort to create original and impactful short term and long term content
- Ensures that all content meets company standards for journalistic integrity and production quality
- Fluent in Social Media with the proven ability to create a strong social media presence and leverage social media to generate stories and gather viewer input
- Showcase dynamic organization skills in order to juggle daily and long-term investigative projects in one of the nation’s top markets
- Prior experience as an investigative reporter
- Exceptional reporting, writing and interviewing skills
- Ability and willingness to use the latest technology and production techniques to shoot, write, edit and publish content under deadline
- Ability to uncover stories through investigation and research
- A collaborative self-starter
- Successful in creating and maintaining reliable contact relationships
- Prior experience as an investigative reporter within a local TV station strongly preferred
- On-camera experience working in a major market
- Strong organizational, research and journalism skills
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Broadcasting or related field or equivalent work experience
Additional Information:WABC-TV is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.
About ABC Owned TV Stations:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with WABC Television (New York), LLC, which is part of a business segment we call ABC Owned TV Stations.
WABC Television (New York), LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.