Already applied?View Dashboard
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you've learned in the classroom within a family of legendary brands passionate about creating world-class experiences on a global scale. Now, imagine yourself in a paid Disney Professional Internship.
WABC-TV (ABC7) Broadcast Technology Internship Summer 2021Apply NowApply Later Job ID 773494BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted Feb. 23, 2021
The WABC Technology team is responsible for designing and maintaining the broadcast, IT, and newsroom systems which enable WABC to create and deliver the news each and every day. In this internship you will be working with senior engineers and project managers helping to test new software deployments, develop training materials, and troubleshoot broadcast issues as they come up. Everyday there will be a new opportunity to learn something new about what it takes to be the #1 broadcast station in the country.
Responsibilities:A day in the life…
Each day you will be rolling up your sleeves both metaphorically and literally to get to the bottom of any and all problems faced. On some days you will spend time with our production teams to understand their workflows and then meet with engineers to propose and implement timesaving solutions. Then on the next day you will work with a design engineer to put together an equipment list for a new studio build and ensure delivery will meet our needs.
Basic Qualifications:What you bring to the role…
- Familiar with basic video production
- Understanding of Television Production Workflows
- Desire to be part of a fast moving agile organization
- Attention to detail, exacting standards, and superior organization skills
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Major or previous coursework in Broadcast Journalism, Communications, Video Production, or related major
Preferred Qualifications:Preferred Qualifications
- Familiarity with Broadcast Production & Distribution Systems
- Understanding of the network affiliate relationship model
- Previous work or intern experience in the field of television
Additional Information:•All students must possess unrestricted work authorization.
•All students must be at least 18 years old.
• At the time of application, must currently be enrolled in an accredited college or university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring) prior to participating in the program – OR – be a recent graduate of an accredited college or university within the last 18 months - OR - be currently participating in a Disney Professional Internship.
• This internship is a remote internship. The internships requires a working, reliable internet connection, as well as a quiet, dedicated work space.
•All candidates must be available from May through August.
•All candidates must be willing to work 16 hours/week.
•All students must provide a consistent, reliable work schedule during the session.
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
American Broadcasting Companies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.