Already applied?View Dashboard
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you've learned in the classroom within a family of legendary brands passionate about creating world-class experiences on a global scale. Now, imagine yourself in a paid Disney Professional Internship.
WABC-TV (ABC7) Digital Internship (Remote) – Spring 2022Apply NowApply Later Job ID 874011BR Location New York, New York, United States Business ABC Owned TV Stations Date posted Oct. 11, 2021
ABC7NY.com and our related social platforms provide 24 hour news and information to the Tri-State audience and beyond. Interns will be active participants in the newsroom, learning and gaining valuable experience to help them build a solid foundation for their future career paths
A day in the life…
This internship might be for you if you love to create, love to learn and love to collaborate. You will be part of a digital team assisting in producing stories, creating original videos and engaging our audience on social networks. You must be motivated, willing to take on new challenges and make the most of your time with us to truly make a difference.
Basic Qualifications:What you bring to the role…
- You enjoy telling stories in creative ways
- You have a passion for digital media and television
- You love YouTube and creating Stories
- You think on your feet, like learning new things and learn quickly
- You can explain just about anything to anyone in writing, in person or on the phone.
- You love taking on problems and finding creative solutions
- You can multi-task in a fast-paced environment, but also know how to stay focused on what matters most
- You have experience with non-linear video editing software (Adobe Premiere, AVID and/or Final Cut Pro)
- You have experience with Adobe Photoshop or similar program
- You have experience with photography and/or videography (DLSR or similar cameras)
- You have previous experience (academic or internship) in journalism (print, digital, and/or broadcast) and/or in television, news and new media production
- Junior or Senior-level standing
Additional Information:Internship Eligibility:
- Must be enrolled in an accredited college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from a college/university within six (6) months OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program.
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- All candidates must provide their own housing and transportation for the duration of the internship
- All candidates must be available from January 2022 through May/June 2022
- All candidates must be available to work approximately 16 hours per week
About ABC Owned TV Stations:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call ABC Owned TV Stations.
American Broadcasting Companies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.