WABC - Weather AnchorApply NowApply Later Job ID 874809BR Location New York, New York, United States Business ABC Owned TV Stations Date posted Oct. 13, 2021
The ideal candidate must be a dynamic journalist, communicator, storyteller and strong leader. This person is committed to telling the weather story in the most compelling way possible with an emphasis on public safety in severe weather situations. This is an individual who takes ownership of, and works collaboratively with, colleagues in crafting their parts of our newscasts. This person may be called upon to report, write and perform live shots in the field. Having the talent to shoot and/or edit video is a plus. Being present and active on social media and other digital platforms is expected.
The ideal candidate sets the tone for teamwork and excellence, across all platforms and all departments within the station and station group. The applicant must demonstrate a full understanding of the powerful voice and responsibility broadcasters have to, and with, the communities we serve.
- Exceptional knowledge of the weather and how to communicate it across multiple platforms
- Strong reporting, writing and interviewing skills
- Be an expert in telling high impact stories in breaking weather coverage, and demonstrate that ability from the studio and in the field
- Report, write, capture visual content, edit and produce stories for multiple platforms on deadline, such as owned and distributed digital and social platforms
- Active in using social media for promotion and news gathering
- Demonstrated ability to move the audience between linear and digital platforms
- A collaborative self-starter
- Willingness to lead and mentor
- Strong commitment to the community, expected to represent the station and participate at various community events
- Minimum of 5 years of on-camera experience
- Top market candidates preferred
Additional Information:American Broadcasting Companies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.
About ABC Owned TV Stations:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with WABC Television (New York), LLC, which is part of a business segment we call ABC Owned TV Stations.
WABC Television (New York), LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.