WGA Assignment Editor (ABC News)Apply NowApply Later Job ID 764994BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Walt Disney Television, ABC News Date posted Sep. 16, 2020
Responsibilities:Key Responsibilities Include:
- Coordinating coverage of breaking and ongoing news stories across the ABC News division
- Assigning appropriate newsgathering staff to cover those stories, including correspondents, producers and digital journalists.
- Working with the Logistics Desk to ensure the operational, technical and ENG needs of the field teams are being met.
- Depending on one’s shift and area of concentration, there are specific duties that are unique to individual Assignment Editors.
- Strong editorial background with a skill for finding unique and forward-looking stories.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, management potential, ability to multi-task and prioritize.
- Must be willing to work various shifts in a 24/7 newsroom.
- Fluency in Social Media.
- Minimum 3 years work experience.
- Keen interest in wide range of current events.
- 3 plus years of experience in broadcast or digital newsroom
- Video shooting/editing skills
- Additional languages
- Bachelor's degree in journalism or equivalent in experience
About Walt Disney Television:
Walt Disney Television (WDT) redefines the future of media and entertainment. Delivering compelling creative, great storytelling, ground-breaking technology, high-impact marketing and innovative distribution, WDT offers multiple opportunities to build a career that supports entertaining and informing the world. A key unit of The Walt Disney Company, one of the world's most admired vertically integrated media enterprises, WDT includes global live action and animation entertainment, news, owned television stations, and radio. If you've got a passion to join our team of talented professionals we want to hear your story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Television.
American Broadcasting Companies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.