Writer, Grande & Leonard CreativeApply NowApply Later Job ID 10023666 Location New York, New York, United States Business ESPN Date posted Nov. 01, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
As a group within the ESPN Marketing department, Grande & Leonard (G&L) is a dynamic in-house marketing engine providing direction, creative and production solutions to internal colleagues in marketing and partners throughout the company.
The Writer position for ESPN G&L will write copy and develop concepts for ESPN promotional campaigns. Responsibilities include developing and writing creative concepts for branded and co-branded commercial elements, emphasizing video, digital, social and print advertisements. This role is responsible for creating high-quality work, as well as building strong collaborative relationships with colleagues across many different departments. In short, we are looking for a passionate, big idea person who has writing range (anthemic, funny, emotional, etc.), who can creatively problem solve in multitude of different ways and wants to produce the best work (TV, digital, social, print) possible.
*NYC location preferred; other locations will be considered*
- Develops innovative concepts, writes copy and scripts for multimedia executions.
- Internally develops digital promotions, print and social media content - either as an extension of or an addition to television campaigns and executions.
- Aides in the creative development process for graphics, music, editing and the overall tone of the campaign.
- Collaborates with other G&L team members to ensure that all work is creatively superlative, accurate and true to the larger tonality of both the ESPN and client brands.
- Minimum of 2 years experience in a marketing, advertising or journalism background.
- Must have an online creative portfolio consisting of writing examples.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of sports and pop culture.
- Proficient knowledge of content development for advertising and promotional spots, including script writing and print copywriting.
- Experience with creative development process with an understanding of advertising development and agency relationships.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong understanding of the ESPN brand and the marketing position.
- Proven collaborator with cross-functional teams.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a high pressure environment.
- Hold self and others to quality, on-time delivery.
- Desire to take risks and drive change.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strategic thinker.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Marketing, Journalism, Communications or related field
- The hiring range for this position in New York is $79,803.00 to $93,886.00 per year. The base pay actually offered will take into account internal equity and also may vary depending on the candidate’s geographic region, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience among other factors. A bonus and/or long-term incentive units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to the full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the level and position offered.
Working at ESPN is unlike anything else. That’s because we’re always finding new ways to interact with fans – however and wherever they connect with sports. Every day we’re doing things that no one has done, all in a dynamic culture where we defy odds and continuously outdo ourselves. When you have the latest technology, game-changing ideas and world-class talent on your team, every day is extraordinary.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ESPN Sales & Marketing, Inc., which is part of a business we call ESPN.
ESPN Sales & Marketing, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.