Project Portfolio AnalystApply Now Apply Later Job ID 527818BR Location Celebration, Florida, United States Business Disney Parks & Resorts Brand Disney Parks & Resorts Date posted Jun. 08, 2018
Job Summary:The Project Portfolio Analyst, Project Portfolio Management, with oversight and direction from the Manager, will perform and provide project analysis of large-scale software development across the eCommerce and Guest Experience portfolios. The Project Portfolio Analyst will assist the Manager with activities related to: analyzing project resource plans to provide monthly capacity plan updates and aid department managers with identifying and resolving project resource constraints, partnering with Finance to provide monthly forecast updates and reconciling project budget variances and advising project managers on financial and resource constraints during project planning. S/he will assist project teams with communicating and planning to the organization’s priorities, including anticipating risks, impacts, and opportunities in accordance with eCommerce and Guest Experience priorities. The Project Portfolio Analyst will also support the ongoing development and maintenance of processes, tools, and reporting within the area of responsibility. This role blends skills related to project management, financial analysis, impact analysis and mitigation, and relationship management.
- Assist with compiling forecast updates
- Ownership of monthly forecast updates for the eCommerce and Guest Experience portfolios.
- Partnering with Finance to mitigate budget/forecast variances and assist in monthly/quarterly close procedures.
- Assist with composing capacity planning updates
- Owns capacity inputs for the eCommerce and Guest Experience portfolios and is responsible for monthly updates.
- Partnering with department managers to identify and resolve resource constraints.
- Provide project team support
- Ensure project teams have the appropriate tools and training for project financial and resource planning.
- System administration of CA Clarity (supports day-to-day system needs)
- Support Manager communication and reporting
- Provide project variance/burn updates to project teams; escalating project financial and resourcing issues, as necessary.
- Provide resource availability and utilization updates to department managers; assisting their teams with resolving resourcing and timesheet issues.
- Create and maintain reporting solutions for project teams and Executives.
- 2-5 years Project Portfolio Analyst experience or similar role
- Experience w/ PPM software preferred; CA Clarity experience a plus
- Advanced Excel skills and strong data modeling abilities.
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment and able to juggle, shift gears and maintain a sense of humor
- Practiced in the basics of project management (estimation, project planning, resource planning, issue management, risk management, change management, communication planning)
- Able to meet deadlines and deliver under intense business environment
- Experience working with multiple creative and technical teams
- Proactive and solution-oriented when managing issues
- Demonstrated analysis/assessment capabilities
- Highly effective interpersonal skills with the ability to build and develop strong stakeholder relationships
- Able to communicate clearly and concisely with all levels of management
- Self-motivated and dedicated to performing above expectations
- Experienced w/ Microsoft Project or similar project management tool; CA Clarity experience a plus
- Experience with variety of software delivery methodologies (e.g. waterfall, Scrum, and Lean, etc.)
- Jaspersoft experience a plus
- Bachelor’s degree required
- MBA strongly preferred
About Disney Parks & Resorts:
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts are where dreams come true. More than sixty years ago, Walt Disney created a new kind of entertainment families could experience together, immersed in detailed atmospheres and vibrant storytelling. His vision now includes a collection of six of the world’s leading family vacation destinations – Disneyland Resort, Anaheim, Calif.; Walt Disney World Resort, Lake Buena Vista, Fla.; Tokyo Disney Resort, Urayasu, Chiba, Japan; Disneyland Paris, Marne-la-Vallée, France; Hong Kong Disneyland Resort, located on Lantau Island; and Shanghai Disney Resort, Pudong New District, Shanghai, China. In addition, Walt Disney Parks and Resorts includes the world-class Disney Cruise Line; Disney Vacation Club; Aulani, A Disney Resort and Spa; Adventures by Disney, a guided group vacation experience to some of the world’s most popular destinations; and Walt Disney Imagineering, which creates and designs all Disney parks, resorts and attractions.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Online, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Parks & Resorts.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Online is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.