Agile SpecialistApply NowApply Later Job ID 10016335 Location Orlando, Florida, United States / Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Sep. 14, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
The Walt Disney Company connects with audiences around the world through the power of unparalleled storytelling, iconic brands, and innovative technologies. Behind the scenes, the Enterprise Technology organization drives our competitive advantage by enhancing consumer experiences, reimagining the digital employee experience, and advancing operational excellence.
As the Agile Specialist embedded within the Digital Experience Custom Applications team, you will work with product and engineering teams to drive efficiencies in Agile software delivery practices. You will apply your practical, hands-on expertise in Scrum and Kanban to enable delivery teams to achieve business outcomes through the utilization of Agile business best practices and capabilities.
This role is the perfect opportunity for a seasoned Agile Specialist (Scrum Master) or Agile practitioner with a mix of software development life cycle practices, QA, Project Management and Stakeholder Management skills.
It is a hybrid role with offices in Orlando, Florida, providing you the flexible scheduling to work both remotely and on-site to stay connected to the magic.
- Educate and Mentor: Guide stakeholders and delivery teams on Agile principles, artifacts, events, and metrics.
- Design and Implement: Transform software delivery by introducing techniques that increase collaboration, predictability, and transparency while promoting a culture of experimentation and innovation.
- Lead: Facilitate the tactical implementation and continuous improvement of Scrum processes for select products or platforms within the Custom Applications portfolio. This includes maintaining relevant documentation and facilitating events such as sprint planning, daily standups, sprint reviews, and retrospectives.
- Analyze and Report: Ensure transparency by providing regular insights on team capacity, sprint burndown, and other key metrics.
- Support Success: Ensure progress towards the team’s commitments by clarifying issues, resolving blockers, and validating deliverables, as needed.
- Passionate about software quality, innovation, iteration, and Agile concepts.
- 3+ years of professional experience facilitating Agile practices in software delivery.
- Expertise facilitating Scrum processes and events.
- Experience facilitating the application of Kanban.
- Flexible, organized, and motivated to independently manage multiple projects simultaneously in a dynamic and fast paced environment.
- Ability to work collaboratively with both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills with a keen attention to detail.
- Passion for the legacy, brands, and offerings of The Walt Disney Company.
- Professional experience as a member of a software engineering team.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics, or equivalent work experience.
- One or more Agile certifications such as:
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM)
- Certified Scrum Product Owner (SCPO)
- Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)
- Professional Scrum Master (PSM)
- SAFe Agilist Certification (SA)
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Worldwide Services, Inc., which is part of a business we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Worldwide Services, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.