Area Manager – Merchandise PresentationApply NowApply Later Job ID 878352BR Location Orlando, Florida, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Nov. 28, 2021
From toys to apparel, books to games, and much more, Disney Consumer Products, Games and Publishing (CPGP) brings our company’s products, through stories and characters, to markets worldwide. With a portfolio of renowned franchises including Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, 20CS and National Geographic, our efforts to deliver innovative and experiential products, designed to entertain and inspire, is industry leading and category shaping.
This posting is a talent pool for upcoming roles within Consumer Products, Games & Publishing.
- Lead teams in the creation and implementation of innovative Merchandise Presentation concepts and techniques that promote an exciting shopping environment for Guests and drives revenue
- Collaborate with key partners (Location Strategy, Site GMs, Field Teams) to plan product presentations; responsible for adjacencies and overall fixture placement, product flow and merchandise presentations of multi-site locations
- Communicate effectively, ensure timely, consistent communication with all lines of business
- Plan strategically multiple projects simultaneously, anticipating obstacles, determining solutions ensuring deadlines are met
- Utilize market trend research, propose new merchandise business ideas that enhance the Guest experience and provide incremental revenue opportunities
- Inspire creativity, while provide challenging opportunities, for team members to grow and develop within role
- Recruit, train, and develop Merchandise Presentation Cast Members to deliver compelling, revenue driving, product presentations
- Attend tradeshows to source new vendors and innovative technologies and research outside markets
- Work closely with vendors on projects, new store installations, and visual collateral development
- Steward budgets, ensuring optimal use of available funds maintaining timely & accurate reporting
- Oversee the management and store all Merchandise Presentation collateral including themed fixtures and seasonal props
- Minimum five years of Retail and Merchandising experience
- Experience and in-depth knowledge of Visual Merchandising, retail product presentation, and display window design and stylizing
- Savvy within the Visual Merchandising industry trends, vendors, materials and design elements
- Demonstrated computer proficiency including full Adobe Suite proficiency and Windows including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Possess exceptional verbal, written and listening communication skills
- Demonstrate consistent and high-quality work ethic
- Self-starter who takes initiative to assess needs and is resourceful in providing solutions
- Possess exceptional project management and organizational skills; must be proficient in time management with a focus on managing multiple tasks, assigning priorities, and meeting or exceeding deadlines.
- Proven ability to build working relationships, influence all levels by being knowledgeable and credible
- Exhibit personal and professional excellence with the ability to exercise good judgment and handle confidential, sensitive information
Additional Information:Disney offers a rewards package to help you live your best life. This includes health and savings benefits, educational opportunities and special extras that only Disney can provide. Learn more about our benefits and perks at https://jobs.disneycareers.com/benefits. Keyword: CPGPJobs
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Global Product Development and Creative, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Disney Global Product Development and Creative, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.