Area Ride and Show Technician, Walt Disney WorldApply NowApply Later Job ID 915313BR Location Orlando, Florida, United States / Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States Business Walt Disney World Resort Date posted May 15, 2022
The Area Ride and Show Technician is more than just a modern day electronic technician. They respond to power outages, work with the newest in animation and electronic technology. They respond to trouble tickets within a theme park setting. The Area Ride and Show Technician is expected to have a working knowledge of various electrical and electronic devices, along with troubleshooting equipment. The field service position may include work from elevated platforms and confined spaces throughout the Walt Disney World Parks and Resort property.
- Perform preventative and corrective maintenance of electrical systems
- Respond to trouble tickets at a park or attraction
- Perform Startup and Shutdown procedures that may require sequencing of equipment
- Perform maintenance or set up a variable frequency drive (variable speed motor controller)
- Perform routine maintenance on animation, lighting, audio and video equipment
- Cast members may be required to handle cleaning chemicals and supplies
- Additional Personal Protective Equipment (face shields, goggles, refillable hand sanitizers, etc.) may be required
- Minimum of 4 years' experience in the electrical field
- Experience with power distribution systems up to 600 volts
- Working knowledge of AC/DC motors, motor controls, motor repair, VFD, solid state systems, lighting, lighting controls, hydraulic and pneumatic control circuits
- Experience with PLCs and relay logic
- An understanding of audio systems, television and/or radio repair
- The ability to read blueprints and schematics
- The ability to perform fault isolation and repair failed systems
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills
- Proficiency in standard office software programs and mobile electronic devices
- Journeyman license
- Experience working on/around high-efficiency equipment (i.e. Lasers, Xenon Lamps)
- Experience with animation troubleshooting and repair
- Ride-control systems troubleshooting and repair
- Knowledge of theatrical lighting equipment
- Troubleshooting and repairing RF circuits, power supplies, computer-circuit cards
- An understanding of fiber optic network principles
- Knowledge of high and low voltage with an understanding of the National Electric Code
Additional Information:Schedule Availability:
Our Theme Parks and Resort Hotels operate 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Schedules and start times are subject to vary.
©Disney is an equal opportunity employer. Drawing Creativity from Diversity
KEYWORD: WDWCasting, WDW Casting, WDWCASTING WDW: Walt Disney World Casting Hourly Jobs WDW Hourly
About Walt Disney World Resort:
Since opening in 1971, Walt Disney World Resort has played an important role in many childhood and family memories. Today, hundreds of millions of guests from around the globe visit this magical place to enjoy a Disney vacation. Through a combination of creativity, innovation and technology, the resort immerses guests in classic Disney tales and new kinds of family entertainment. Drawing from a rich heritage of storytelling, Walt Disney World Resort cast members bring Disney magic to life through unmatched attention to detail and superior guest service.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business we call Walt Disney World Resort.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.