Assistant Manager, LicensingApply NowApply Later Job ID 860503BR Location Orlando, Florida, United States Business Disney Licensing Date posted Jan. 18, 2022
From toys to apparel, books to games, Disney Consumer Products, Games and Publishing (CPGP) brings our products, through stories and characters, to markets worldwide. With a portfolio of renowned franchises including Disney, Pixar, Marvel, 20th Century, National Geographic and Star Wars, our efforts to provide creative and experiential products, designed to entertain and inspire, is industry-leading and category shaping.
The Assistant Manager oversees several sub-categories and the associated licensee base with the goal of meeting predetermined revenue targets and growth goals across franchises. This posting is for current and upcoming roles within the Licensing team supporting each franchise. You will report to the Manager of Licensing.
- Review quarterly sales forecast information from licensees
- Compile and analyze retail sell-through information on owned businesses
- Ensure approvals of licensee's marketing elements in OPA
- Provide any licensee /product information to support marketing and brand presentations and sales meetings
- Identify new business and revenue opportunities
- Manage daily relationship with licensees
- Support organizing, pitching and selecting licensees
- Provide management support in the contract and amendment process
- Perform all responsibilities of "Contract Owner" for a selection of licensees
- Work with the Product Development, Sales and Marketing teams
- Ensure licensee products reflect Disney quality and brand/property goals.
- Experience with brand and property positioning, retail business development function, retail distribution and the retail environment
- Keynote, Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook
- Bachelor's degree and 3 or more years related experience or MBA with 1 or more years experience
Additional Information:Our Benefits: Disney offers a rewards package to help you live your best life. This includes health and savings benefits, educational opportunities and special extras that only Disney can provide. Learn more about our benefits and perks at https://jobs.disneycareers.com/benefits
About Disney Licensing:
Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media (DCPI) is the business segment of The Walt Disney Company (NYSE:DIS) that brings our Company’s stories and characters to life through innovative and engaging physical products and digital experiences across more than 100 categories, from toys and t-shirts, to apps, books and console games. DCPI comprises four main lines of business: Global Licensing, Disney Retail, Publishing and Digital Media, and Games, Apps, and Labs. The segment is home to world-class teams of app and game developers, licensing and retail experts, a leading retail business (Disney Store), artists and storytellers, and technologists who inspire imaginations and bring the magic of Disney into the daily lives of families and fans around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Consumer Products, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Disney Licensing.
Disney Consumer Products, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.