Associate Sourcing Manager (expression of interest)Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 864755BR Location Orlando, Florida, United States Business Walt Disney World Resort Date posted 09/21/2021
SOURCING – SOFTLINES/HARDLINES
Our team partners with internal and external stakeholders to deliver high quality, innovative product that is safe and responsibly sourced to consumers in all Disney retail channels around the world. Global Merchandise Sourcing cultivates a thriving team and key strategic partnerships with best-in-class suppliers to consistently evolve our quality, sustainability, and risk management initiatives; driving productivity and profitability. The team focuses on continuously improving supplier relationships and building global and cross-functional partnerships, while meeting or exceeding financial targets through proactive mitigation of cost drivers.
- Develops and cultivates strong partnerships with best-in-class suppliers and internal stakeholders as they pertain to the sourcing and production of best-in-category Disney-branded merchandise
- Responsible for building and executing Sourcing strategies across all Softlines (apparel) OR Hardlines (Plush, toys, etc) categories for all retail locations and alternative business model opportunities
- Lead, collaborate and produce results with regard to brand extension, product quality, innovations in technology and sustainability, time/cost efficiency and revenue growth
- Knowledge of successful global sourcing and product development strategies to drive margins and improve efficiencies across all markets and distribution channels (owned & operated retail and wholesale).
- Partner on vendor strategy, product costing/placement, manage vendor communication and production management related respective product categories.
- Responsible for ensuring products meet established standards for safety and quality including monitoring quarterly Product Review Requests (PRRs) with product integrity partners.
- Track progress of production cycle against key milestone dates through daily maintenance of the Development Tracking Report, Development Boards, and Global Retail Plans.
- Contact suppliers/vendors to follow up and verify the accuracy of provided data, resolve routine issues, and ensure supplier alignment with Disney processes and procedures.
- Liaise with suppliers and global partners to ensure Disney guidelines are followed to avoid late deliveries and chargebacks due to non-compliance.
- Manage the workflow for data entry tasks including item setups, price changes, financial roadmaps, and invoicing.
- Communicate production status to global and regional partners during weekly cross-functional meetings as required.
- Ensure all products are shipped on time to support established in-store and online launch dates.
About Walt Disney World Resort:
Since opening in 1971, Walt Disney World Resort has played an important role in many childhood and family memories. Today, hundreds of millions of guests from around the globe visit this magical place to enjoy a Disney vacation. Through a combination of creativity, innovation and technology, the resort immerses guests in classic Disney tales and new kinds of family entertainment. Drawing from a rich heritage of storytelling, Walt Disney World Resort cast members bring Disney magic to life through unmatched attention to detail and superior guest service.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Human Resources Strategies and Services, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney World Resort.
Disney Human Resources Strategies and Services, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.