Associate Decision Science Product Consultant (PH)Apply NowApply Later Job ID 968066BR Location Orlando, Florida, United States / Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted May 02, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
The Decision Science Product team resides within the Disney Decision Science + Integration (DDSI) organization. DDSI provides internal consulting services for clients across The Walt Disney Company. The DDSI team sits at the intersection of business strategy, advanced analytics, and technology integration to help our partners explore opportunities for analytics, shape business decisions, and drive value. Our work includes conceptualizing new solutions, solution design and development, implementation and integration with business processes, and ongoing business support.
The successful candidate will be data-driven and business-minded, and will be passionate about solving business questions through data analysis. In this position, you will transform data into meaningful business insights. The role will include working with analytically minded peers, where you are expected to contribute to and challenge the current knowledgebase. You should enjoy connecting with your teammates and leadership to brainstorm ways to better support business decisions, building data visualization dashboards, and performing data analysis to explain patterns and provide recommendations.
- Manage smaller scale projects designed to either provide actionable insights to internal teams and external partners.
- Contribute to deliverables that will drive value through their integration into larger processes.
- Work in SQL/Python to extract data for analysis, maintain analytical models, and validate results against relevant benchmarks.
- Utilize Tableau to deliver accurate, clear, concise insights and visualizations.
- Conduct data preparation, exploration, and validation.
- Collaborate with leadership on tasks, prioritization, and decision-making.
- Be a problem solver; when presented with new challenges, think critically about the business problem and recommend solutions to leadership.
- Research relevant analytics techniques and industry subject matter areas.
- Facilitate the creation and maintenance of proper analytic/business process documentation.
- Proficient in scripting and data processing (SQL, Python) and data visualization (Tableau)
- Familiarity with basic data science methodologies (e.g. forecasting, machine learning, optimization, etc.)
- Ability to build relationships and partner with both technical and non-technical teams
- Demonstrated excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Knowledge of basic database structure
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a collaborative team
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and adapt to rapidly changing business environment
- Ability to explain technical concepts to non-technical audiences
- Experience with the media industry, especially television and streaming
- Experience with internal or external consulting
- Familiarity with Nielsen and other video measurement solutions
- Strong understanding of advanced analytical methods
- Proficiency in automating existing processes
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics, Mathematics, Finance, Economics, Data Mining, Analytics, or other quantitative field; Master's Degree preferred
This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Worldwide Services, Inc., which is part of a business we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Worldwide Services, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.