Associate Principal Counsel, Disney Vacation ClubApply NowApply Later Job ID 985118BR Location Orlando, Florida, United States / Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States Business Disney Vacation Club Date posted May 23, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
The Walt Disney World Resort Legal Department is seeking qualified candidates for an Associate Principal Counsel position to provide legal advice and support to various departments at Disney Vacation Club, primarily with respect to regulatory compliance, sales and marketing compliance, resort operations and financing.
Responsibilities:Provide legal support for various aspects of the Disney Vacation Club, including:
- Provide advice regarding timeshare regulatory compliance issues including, new state registrations, amendments and renewals in various U.S. state jurisdictions;
- Provide counsel concerning financial services laws, such as lending license laws, mortgage broker laws, retail installment financing laws, the federal Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, the Fair Credit Reporting Act, and the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act;
- Provide advice on judicial and non-judicial foreclosures across multiple jurisdictions;
- Draft and interpret consumer purchase and financing documents for the sale and financing of vacation products, including related disclosure documents, escrow agreements and security instruments;
- Draft and provide interpretative guidance on various legal documents, including membership agreements, condominium declarations, master declarations, resort access agreements, exchange agreements, owner association documents and others;
- Provide guidance on marketing and advertising programs, including compliance with state timeshare marketing and advertising laws, state unfair and deceptive trade practice acts, FTC guidelines and sweepstakes laws;
- Provide counsel regarding telemarketing laws and licensure;
- Provide advice regarding privacy law issues, including the CCPA and GDPR;
- Provide guidance on sales compliance matters, including real estate and broker licensure and compensation issues;
- Draft and negotiate various agreements, including resort affiliation, room block, exchange and sweepstakes related agreements;
- Provide counsel on resort operations and management issues, including consumer complaints, member issues and use plan issues;
- Provide support on association governance matters, including owner association and board of director issues, and on association budget development, reserve requirements, and property management and facilities issues;
- Provide advice in connection with sales and marketing matters in foreign jurisdictions and international waters;
- Work with government affairs and risk management on matters related to the club;
- Manage outside counsel.
- An attorney with a minimum of 5 years of experience
- Experience advising on timeshare legal and compliance matters
- Excellent negotiation, drafting, and communication skills
- Ability to work independently, with some supervision, on complex matters
- Demonstrated ability to evaluate risk and to exercise sound legal judgment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven client relationship skills
- Team-oriented with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment with a solution oriented approach to legal issues
- Self-motivated, with outstanding interpersonal skills, and the ability to effectively communicate complex concepts and issues to all levels of management
- Ability to multi-task and work quickly and collaboratively under tight deadlines
- Highly organized with ability to effectively manage outside counsel
- Strong academic credentials
- Admission to the State Bar of Florida or State Bar of California preferred; alternatively, willingness and qualification to be Registered In-House Counsel in the State of Florida
- JD or equivalent
About Disney Vacation Club:
Disney Vacation Club is a leader in vacation ownership and provides families the flexibility to personalize their vacation experiences as their vacation interests change over time. Disney Vacation Club cast members help bring touches of Disney magic to members and guests who stay at any one of 14 Disney Vacation Club destinations, including Walt Disney World Resort; Disneyland Resort; Hilton Head Island, South Carolina and Vero Beach, Florida.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business we call Disney Vacation Club.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.