Associate Product ManagerApply NowApply Later Job ID 885338BR Location Orlando, Florida, United States; Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States Business Walt Disney Imagineering Date posted Jan. 06, 2022
The WDI Apps team is an embedded product development team within the WDI Technology Studio. We are looking for an Associate Product Manager to grow and support our Physical Creation Management domain. This individual will be responsible for augmenting build & buy product development efforts within the architecture, engineering and construction software portfolio. This includes products focused on product lifecycle management, logistics, 3D model interoperability, robotics, audio animatronics and physical asset management.
- Participate in the research, definition, prioritization, and planning of Imagineer-facing software applications.
- Analyze business processes, working with stakeholders to define workflows around software that we will buy or build.
- Develop user and business metrics to evaluate success of applications, using measurements to inform product decisions.
- Construct mockups or prototypes to test and communicate product direction.
- Participate in purchasing, customizing, and integrating third-party systems and with existing applications internally.
- Work with vendors and consultants in software development engagements.
- Contribute to defining a user experience that enables Imagineers to get their work done.
- Help with communication, training, and documentation for product rollouts and updates.
- Entry-level software product management acumen.
- Direct or second-hand experience with design, construction, or architecture firms and/or technologies.
- Strong communication skills: written, verbal, and presentational.
- Strong passion for excellence in software development and product rigor.
- Familiarity and/or experience with the Autodesk AEC suite.
- Familiarity with BIM technologies.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer engineering, and/or business administration.
- BIM emphasis preferred.
Additional Information:Benefits and Perks: Disney offers a rewards package to help you live your best life. This includes health and savings benefits, educational opportunities and special extras that only Disney can provide. Learn more about our benefits and perks at
About Walt Disney Imagineering:
Founded in 1952 as WED Enterprises to design and build the world’s first theme park — Disneyland — Walt Disney Imagineering (WDI) is where imagination and creativity combine with cutting-edge technology to create unforgettable experiences. WDI is the creative force that imagines, designs and builds all Disney theme parks, resorts, attractions and cruise ships worldwide. Imagineering’s unique strength comes from its diverse global team of creative and technical professionals, who build on Disney’s legacy of storytelling to pioneer new forms of entertainment. The Imagineers who practice this unique blend of art and science work in more than 100 disciplines to shepherd an idea all the way from “blue sky” concept phase to opening day.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Imagineering.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.