Associate Software Developer
Orlando, Florida, United States / Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID 934188BR Location Orlando, Florida, United States / Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted May. 08, 2022
Job Summary:Walt Disney Imagineering (WDI) is the master planning, creative development, design, engineering, production, project management, and research arm of The Walt Disney Company’s (TWDC) Parks and Resorts business segment. Representing more than 150 disciplines, the talented corps of Imagineers are responsible for the creation of Disney resorts, theme parks and attractions, hotels, water parks, real estate developments, regional entertainment venues, cruise ships and new media technology projects.
Learn more about the work done at the Tech Studio:
Responsibilities:The WDI Technology Studio is looking for talented software developers to develop apps, platforms, tools and technologies that enable and empower the design and development of upcoming attractions and experiences.
- Software estimation, scheduling, planning, design, implementation, and closeout activities for assigned project scope.
- Develop and/or maintain whole feature sets of software. This includes both architecture, design, implementation and testing.
- Work with other software developers and software project leads to provide incremental and overall updates to status and condition of software product progress.
- 1-3 year experience
- Knowledge and experience with modern software development practices, including version control and workflow management tools including JIRA, Github, Gitlab, Jenkins, etc.
- Demonstrable technical writing, documentation, and communication skills.
- Familiarity and/or experience with: ShotGrid Pipeline Development, AutoDesk Maya, Motion Builder, AutoCAD Touch Designer, BIM, Unreal Engine or MS Visual Studio
- Proven ability to learn new programming languages and work within complicated systems.
- Bachelor degree in computer science, computer engineering, or equivalent experience.
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Disney Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.