Attractions Maintenance Engineering ManagerApply Now Apply Later Job ID 715586BR Location Orlando, Florida, United States; Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Nov. 07, 2019
Our teams work on an unrivaled variety of systems and on some of the coolest rides ever built, but this job is so much more: Attractions Maintenance Engineering Managers have the rare privilege of witnessing the result of their labor every day, in the form of laughing children and parents who are relaxed because they trust Disney to keep their family safe. If you feel you have the skills and attitude to bring your best every day, please apply now!
The Attractions Maintenance Engineering Manager reports to the Manager – Engineering Services and leads up to 50 team members.
Responsibilities:If it’s moving, it’s ours. That’s the motto of every Attractions Maintenance Engineering Manager at Walt Disney World. As a Service Manager, it’s a given that there will be admin responsibilities like scheduling, payroll, organizing inspections and strict adherence to local, state and federal requirement, but this job is really about the professionals you lead and the Guests who come to Disney to have the time of their lives.
Because Attractions Maintenance Engineering Managers oversee both mechanical and electrical, they need sufficient knowledge of both disciplines to lead up to fifty tradesmen, but more importantly, they must know how to instill a can-do, problem-solving attitude in their team.
Every day as an Attractions Maintenance Engineering Manager is different! On any given day, you might:
- Help your team get to the root of a problem by walking through the logic and finding a solution;
- Check the bolts on attractions like Runaway Train or the stress levels on the Monorail;
- Troubleshoot electronics, PLC, hydraulics, audio and video systems, drive systems from all eras and AC & DC motors – some systems are cutting-edge, while others are from the 1950’s and are still going strong;
- Encourage your team to collaborate, share ideas and reach a consensus – it’s your job to gather the collective wisdom and then decide on the path forward;
- Work the first or second shift, when the Park is operational and the goal is to keep everything humming for our Guests;
- Experience the Parks at night when the Guests have gone and it’s just you and the attractions, making sure all preventive maintenance is done and everything is show-ready for the next day;
- Bend, duck, crawl through tight, dark spaces and walk up to five miles per shift – this is an active job, and Walt Disney World is essentially your office;
- Put your communication skills to use by creating concise, clearly written shift reports that can be referenced by your peers and leaders;
- Manage union contracts, balance staffing among the shifts, schedule vacations and monitor payroll;
- Make productive and positive contributions to safety, service and departmental performance.
- Enjoy the perks and benefits of working for The Walt Disney Company, deep discounts on things you can really use, and free entry to our Parks using your Gate Pass!
Basic Qualifications:Here’s what you’ll need to be successful at this job:
- 5+ years minimum experience in a maintenance-related field, and some direct experience in an industrial, plant, manufacturing, theme park and/or transportation maintenance environment;
- 3+ years of leadership experience in a maintenance environment;
- Understanding of electrical and electronic systems function and repair;
- Understanding of mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic systems and subassemblies;
- Organized, systematic approach to problem-solving;
- Strong written and verbal communications skills;
- Well-developed organizational and time-management skills;
- Comfort multi-tasking and making decisions in time-pressured situations,
- Can handle confidential information;
- Genuine interest in coaching and mentoring others, and with forming partnerships with your team and leaders;
- Customer-service and “team” orientation;
Preferred Qualifications:It would be great if you also had:
- Financial management and budgeting skills;
- Experience with SAP and maintenance reporting/scheduling systems such as Maximo;
- Experience with PLCs, sensors, pneumatics, hydraulics and/or drive systems.
- Bachelor of Science degree
- Bachelor’s degree in STEM, Electrical or Mechanical Engineering
Additional Information:We greatly value service in any of the US Armed Forces.
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.