Australia & New Zealand Cultural Exchange Program - Jan 2024 IntakeApply NowApply Later Job ID 1116113BR Location Orlando, Florida, United States Business Walt Disney World Resort Date posted Jun. 14, 2023
The Disney J1 Australia and New Zealand Cultural Exchange Program is a five to twelve-month experience located at Walt Disney World® Resort, near Orlando, Florida. Participants of this program have the opportunity to gain real world work experience with a world renowned entertainment company, learn skills from Disney leaders, meet people from around the world and take part in a life-changing experience. Participants work in front line, guest-facing roles throughout our Parks & Resorts.
Apply here for January 2024 arrival.
Mandatory in-country interviews will be held in or around September/October 2023 in both Australia and New Zealand. Invitations to schedule interviews will start to go out in August.
Are you the parent or the family of one of our candidates? We invite you to visit our Parents and Family Members page to learn more!
Have questions? We are here to help! Please visit Support.DisneyPrograms.com for FAQ or to submit a request for assistance.
Basic Qualifications:To be eligible to apply for the Australia and New Zealand Cultural Exchange Program, you MUST
- Attend a live presentation and interview in Australia or New Zealand - details will be shared at a later date.
- Likely interview cities are Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Adelaide and Perth in Australia and Auckland, Hamilton, Wellington, Christchurch, and Queenstown in New Zealand. Please note that these are subject to change though and if you are selected to interview you will schedule your specific interview at a later date.
- Speak English fluently.
- Be at least 18 years of age to apply.
- Be receptive to Disney Look guidelines.
- Be fully available to work Sunday through Saturday, including days and nights, holidays and overtime.
- Applicants must be a citizen of Australia or New Zealand currently enrolled full time at an accredited post-secondary, classroom based academic or vocational institution physically located in Australia or New Zealand and have successfully completed at least one year, or equivalent, of post-secondary academic study. Recent graduates of a degree program from a post-secondary college/university within the last 12 months are also eligible for participation.
You are required to upload your Resume/CV and Cover Letter for this job application.
Additional Information:Pay rate: Cast Members will earn an hourly rate of pay starting at $16 USD per hour depending on the role they are selected to perform.
We strongly encourage candidates to explore DisneyPrograms.com prior to submitting an application.
Only accepting applications for January 2024 arrival
About Walt Disney World Resort:
Since opening in 1971, Walt Disney World Resort has played an important role in many childhood and family memories. Today, hundreds of millions of guests from around the globe visit this magical place to enjoy a Disney vacation. Through a combination of creativity, innovation and technology, the resort immerses guests in classic Disney tales and new kinds of family entertainment. Drawing from a rich heritage of storytelling, Walt Disney World Resort cast members bring Disney magic to life through unmatched attention to detail and superior guest service.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: Disney Entertainment, ESPN, Disney Parks, and Experiences and Products. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business we call Walt Disney World Resort.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.