Brand Merchandising Manager–HardlinesApply NowApply Later Job ID 854533BR Location Orlando, Florida, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Oct. 18, 2021
- Executes the daily implementation of the product strategy for Hardlines categories (i.e. Plush, Pins, Collectibles, Ornaments)
- Develops consumer-focused product strategies that are commercially viable and deliver a consistent worldwide look and feel for the brand and category
- Consumerist: Consumer obsessed, constantly balancing the art and the science of merchandising to find opportunities, elevate brand and delight our consumer
- Monitors the global competitive landscape and consumer zeitgeist to capture opportunities
- Consolidates the product needs from all regions and channels to develop product design requests for design partners - ensuring needs of all businesses are met
- Finds commonality in consumer and market trends to minimize duplication / cannibalization; identify areas to reduce complexity and increase productivity globally
- Establish perspective on what’s working and opportunities to consistently improve product line
- Partners with Studio partners, Global Creative, and Marketing teams to bring our IP to life properly and with a consistent brand point of view across the globe
- Partners with Product Design and Sourcing to deliver seasonal product lines for vertical and wholesale business models that meet business objectives including sustainability goals
- Partners with Vertical Merchandising and 3rd Party Licensing teams around the world to develop and drive execution against franchise and product strategies
- Understand and support the worldwide consumer segmentation at right price/value from value to premium
- Execute against opportunities to leverage products, co-brands and collaborations globally
- Track development counts, adoption KPIs and COGs targets
LEADERSHIP / MANAGEMENT
- Brand ambassador to cross-functional teams showing up as a compelling, dynamic, and knowledgeable in all stages of go to market process and partner interactions where product is discussed
- Assist in building compelling stories to sell in and create solutions to drive brand vision and grow sales
- Actively participate in conversation and activities with sourcing to cost the line, run financial scenarios
- Actively participate in conversation with design to create a product line in all activities, key milestone meetings
- Communicates and collaborates with key commercialization partners
- Manages direct report(s) (if applicable) with immediate feedback on performance and weekly touch bases to review deliverables, regular development and coaching
- Champion our diversity and inclusion goals through right product and personal growth
- 5+ years of progressive experience in Product Merchandising
- Experience in building an omni-channel product line for a category or categories of business
- Experience working in highly matrixed and/or global product companies a plus
- Demonstrated ability to capitalize on market trends and consumer zeitgeist to maximize value creation throughout the trend cycle
- Demonstrated ability to create, leverage and scale innovation
- Demonstrated ability to be a brand steward and maintain brand and product integrity
- Working knowledge of the omni-channel marketplace globally
- Strategic thinker with the ability to drive execution against a financial plan
- Interpersonal skills and ability to influence a diverse audience including experience working with external partners and business owners to bring product and assortments to the market
- Team Player – The ability to build & foster collaborative partnerships across functions & departments and effectively communicate
- Associate’s Degree or equivalent work experience
Additional Information:Benefits and Perks: Disney offers a rewards package to help you live your best life. This includes health and savings benefits, educational opportunities and special extras that only Disney can provide. Learn more about our benefits and perks at https://jobs.disneycareers.com/benefits.
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Global Product Development and Creative, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Disney Global Product Development and Creative, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.