Business Operations Analyst, Service ImplementationApply NowApply Later Job ID 10020399 Location Orlando, Florida, United States / Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Sep. 21, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
The Enterprise Technology mission is to deliver technology solutions that align to business strategies while enabling enterprise efficiency and promoting cross-company collaborative innovation. The Enterprise Technology organization drives our competitive advantage by enhancing consumer experiences, enabling business growth, and advancing operational excellence. Enterprise Technology is guided by the principles of being service focused and collaborative, being biased for action and innovation, and being efficient through leverage of TWDC scale and through continuous improvement.
The Digital Experience (DX) organization is responsible for understanding and innovating new ways of working, having a broad focus on employee experience, and applying user experience principles across the digital landscape. The Business Operations Analyst will play a critical role in supporting our core business functions, communications and reporting needs. This role will work closely with the Chief of Staff, Service Management, Engineering, Service Implementation, Service Assurance, and the DX Leadership teams.
Responsibilities of the Role:
The Business Operations Analyst role will play an integral role in partnering with technology leaders within the DX organization in all aspects of planning and analysis that encompass our technology investments. This role will be required to prepare and present financial analysis to operational and technology executives. In addition, the Business Operations Analyst will help plan and facilitate all DX events, including quarterly All Hands, Leadership Offsite events, team celebrations etc. Additionally, this role will partner with the Technology Process & Performance team to promote the use of standardized Enterprise Technology processes and contribute to continuous improvement programs.
The Business Operations Analyst will be responsible for:
- Financial Management
- Portfolio/Project Financials Management
- Process Improvement
- Assist the Chief of Staff (CoS) with financial budgeting, allocations, forecasts, and required submissions for DX
- Assist with the financial schedules associated with the Five-Year Plan (5YP) & Annual Operating Plan (AOP) cycles, including coordination and facilitation of financial forecasting and submissions, preparation of presentations and financial reporting packages
- Assist the DX budget owners with fiscal year-to-date reconciliation of actuals vs. budget on capital and operational expenses
- Coordinate with DX budget owners and liaison with our finance partners to ensure organization meets all financial timelines
- Partner with Portfolio Management team on portfolio metrics and cost analysis and provide regular reports to leadership
Strategy & Communications
- Oversee the departmental communications efforts and event planning, including All Hands meetings, Leadership Offsite meetings, team celebration events, end of year activities, etc.
- Identify opportunities to utilize technology in marketing DX content to drive curiosity and encourage participation
- Assist the Chief of Staff and Service Management team to maintain strategic and technology roadmaps
- Work with communications team to highlight new employees, promotions, key projects, and other noteworthy events
BA/BS in computer science/technology or business, or equivalent work
Required Work Experience / Skills:
- 3+ years scheduling/managing team events and communications
- 2+ years financial management experience
- Advanced relationship management skills and experience
- Strong Customer service skills with the ability to interact with business and technology community at any level
- Highly skilled with Microsoft M365 including Excel and PowerPoint
- Familiar with collaborations tools (Slack, Zoom, Teams)
Preferred Work Experience / Skills:
- Experience working in a large, global technology organization
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, to technical and non-technical audiences
- Embraces teamwork; shares ideas / methods to improve performance
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Worldwide Services, Inc., which is part of a business we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Worldwide Services, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.