Business Program ManagerApply NowApply Later Job ID 897800BR Location Orlando, Florida, United States / Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Apr. 27, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
- Working with stakeholders, establish the goals and deliverables for the business program
- Document important assumptions and dependencies for the programs
- Facilitate scope definition, and build an initial high-level plan with projections for phases to the business program (e.g. discovery, research, analysis, pilot delivery, product delivery)
- Lead planning workshops for our programs with teams, including determination of staffing needs, rough program costs, resource availability timing, plus oversight, risk, and contingency needs – resulting in a mid-level plan and associated cost schedule
- Work with vendors and external partners to get schedules, estimates, manage contract processes, manage ongoing deliverables and interactions, secure reporting, and review invoicing
- Present plans, estimates, and reporting for executives and leaders
- Create team and stakeholder communication plans
- Ensure scheduling of important deliverables
- Update the plans with cross discipline functional leads as projects progress
- Validate that scope can be completed within the timeline and budget
- Lead and guide programs through full delivery lifecycle
- Be a primary liaison among multiple departments, teams, and vendors
- Work with cross discipline team members to re-validate assumptions and review plans as the program progresses
- Create mid-level plan and ensure documentation of scope of work and decisions made during the program with help from cross discipline functional leads
- Communicate updates to business program and leadership team on delivery progress, plan updates and budget spend and forecast, including status report updates, financial/budget/variance reports, and other reporting
- Monitor adherence to schedule and milestone commitments
- Escalate important issues to ensure resolution and mitigation
- Manage resource assignment, budget, scheduling, and scope prioritization, and change control
- Align to programs, manage scope changes, record causes of change, and facilitate change requests to ensure impacts to schedule or budget, and forecasts, are approved and communicated
- Ensure business program closure including retroactives/lessons learned, transition and hand-off to production operations support for the program, and final financial reporting
- Deliver programs for new businesses including working closely with business development and marketing partners
- Direct management for single project budgets of $2-5M
- 5+ years of relevant work experience in business program management in a multi-channel environment inclusive of retail, ecommerce, product development, marketing, merchandising, and business development programs
- Understanding of key business development concepts
- Project leader with at least 4 years of experience leading large, multidisciplinary teams of at least 10 functional departments
- Minimum 3 years of client management experience in delivering solutions in a global client-service organization
- Communicate to executive level (Directors, VPs, SVPs, Presidents) in presentations, working sessions, and 1-on-1 interactions
- Exhibit skills on when to seek guidance and when to escalate risks
- Experience in a matrixed organization working with multiple stakeholders per effort
- Experienced in multiple full lifecycle program deliveries from business development through implementation and operations
- Have experience in the basics of project management (estimation, project planning, resource planning, issue management, risk management, change management, communication planning).
- Lead teams to a delivery approach, working both collaboratively and independently while maintaining a high level of productivity
- Experience facilitating gathering/ development of requirements for complex solutions
- Analytics and assessment capabilities
- Manage financial plans and budgets
Benefits and Perks: Disney offers a rewards package to help you live your best life. This includes health and savings benefits, educational opportunities and special extras that only Disney can provide. Learn more about our benefits and perks at https://jobs.disneycareers.com/benefits.
This role is based in Orlando, FL
This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Disney Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Global Product Development and Creative, Inc., which is part of a business we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Disney Global Product Development and Creative, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.