Case Advocate - Restrictions and Accommodations (PH)Apply NowApply Later Job ID 957458BR Location Orlando, Florida, United States / Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States / Anaheim, California, United States Business Disney Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Apr. 05, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
Job Summary/Purpose of Position:
The Employee Relations Manager –Case Advocate is responsible for the following:
- Creating & implementing company-wide strategies to enable decisions that are consistent with Company policies, values & culture.
- Enhancing the Employee Experience by engaging with employees and leaders at critical moments in the life cycle of the employment relationship such as Accommodations (medical, religious, critical life moments), Crisis Management, employee engagement, etc. Integrating key partners across the Walt Disney Company to drive solutions that promote employee engagement and business results.
- Cultivate a strong client oriented service rapport with leaders at all levels, HR Business Partner teams, and other internal partners, that is based on a high level of collaboration and inclusion, to drive solutions that promote employee engagement and business results.
- This position is part of the Disney Parks, Experiences, and Products Human Resources/Diversity & Inclusion (HR/DI) organization and could be located in Orlando, FL or Anaheim, CA.
- Initiate a proactive, strategic approach to employee relations by identifying and analyzing Accommodations and Critical Life Moments data/metrics for themes, trends, and root cause identification. Share findings with executives, HR Business Partners and key partners to develop and deliver an integrated plan that links to organization and people strategies, helping to advance the deliverables and priorities of the company.
- Conduct timely, objective and thorough interactive conversations with employees and site walks with leadership to identify medical, religious and gender identity accommodation needs and propose reasonable accommodations while balancing the needs of the individual, the business requirements and all legal requirements.
- Promote employee advocacy by engaging with employees and leadership across the Disney Parks, Experiences, & Products organization.
- Communicate the accommodation, return to work plan, and method for monitoring for effectiveness.
- Assess risk associated with the interactive process, including the Company’s inability to accommodate a restriction or recast existing employees.
- Promote knowledge and understanding for leaders and employees in regard to the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendments Act, Family and Medical Leave Act and other compliance issues; through coaching, education, presentations and training.
- Administratively document the accurate accounts of interaction process for the timely memorialization of the notes and supporting documents into the case management system.
- Minimum 3-years of strong influential leadership experience or in a professional level role
- Critical thinker, with demonstrated experience translating strategic goals/concepts into action plans and implementing initiatives at an operational level.
- Ability to analyze data, trends, and insights to identify the root cause of the event and translate into actionable solutions.
- Ability to manage competing, high-priority demands; prioritizing workload, managing projects and multiple responsibilities against strict deadlines.
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment and be part of a team environment while developing highly effective and valued professional relationships with peers, colleagues, and cross functional teams.
- Demonstrated experience in consulting and/or delivering diversity and inclusion recommendations and solutions.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to influence and communicate effectively at all levels of the organization.
- Strong consultative skills (client service orientation, conflict resolution, analysis/synthesis of information, negotiation, etc.) with proven track record of integrating partners to accomplish objectives. • Highly collaborative, confident, and comfortable with all levels of the organization.
- Strong presentation skills; must be able to confidently make recommendations to senior business leaders or HR/DI partners for improved employee relations and business results based on data and findings
- Demonstrated knowledge of and experience with the application of ADAAA & FMLA
- Bachelor's Degree or relevant experience
- Medical / Workers’ Compensation knowledge
- Experience in administration of Collective Bargaining Agreements
- Multilingual speaking/writing strongly preferred
- Previous work experience with a multi-state employer
- Background in disability management and/or CPDM
About Disney Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Disney Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business we call Disney Parks, Experiences and Products.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.