Case Advocate-Restrictions & Accommodations (PH)Apply NowApply Later Job ID 962965BR Location Orlando, Florida, United States / Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States / Anaheim, California, United States Business Disney Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Apr. 23, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
- Facilitate and administratively document the interactive process with employees seeking a reasonable accommodation in partnership with leadership and other key resources to ensure compliance with all federal and state laws.
- Ability to identify accommodation needs and propose reasonable accommodations balancing the needs of the individual, the business requirements and all legal requirements.
- Communicate the accommodation, return to work plan, and method for monitoring for effectiveness
- Assess risk associated with the interactive process, including the Company’s inability to accommodate a restriction or recast existing employees.
- Promote knowledge and understanding for leaders and employees in regard to the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendments Act, Family and Medical Leave Act and other compliance issues; as they relate to the medical accommodation process.
- Proactively identify, develop, implement, and sustain integrated strategies or solutions to align with client and/or business.
- Strong consultative skills (client service orientation, conflict resolution, analysis/synthesis of information, negotiation, etc.) with proven track record of integrating partners to accomplish objectives.
- Highly collaborative, confident, and comfortable with all levels of the organization.
- Ability to make judgment calls and sound, ethical decisions displaying a heightened level of responsibility, confidentiality, integrity, and professionalism. Effective organizational skills and follow through.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to influence and communicate effectively at all levels of the organization.
- Experience in facilitating & delivering leadership training,
- Demonstrated knowledge of and experience with the application of ADAAA & FMLA
- Medical / Workers’ Compensation knowledge
- Experience in administration of Collective Bargaining Agreements
- Multilingual speaking/writing strongly preferred
- Previous work experience with a multi-state employer
- Background in disability management and/or CPDM
- Bachelor’s Degree or relevant experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or relevant experience
This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
About Disney Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Disney Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business we call Disney Parks, Experiences and Products.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.