Character ArtApply NowApply Later Job ID 860483BR Location Orlando, Florida, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Sep. 10, 2021
Responsible for Character Art development for 2D and 3D product application from concept idea through final artwork for Licensing and Vertical business. Act on vision for new innovation and creation of unique and original artwork with the highest level of quality.
This posting is a talent pool for upcoming roles within Consumer Products, Games & Publishing. We will be considering talent from within this pool to fill multiple levels (e.g. Assistant, Associate, Manager, and Senior Manager).
- Development of character illustrations for style guides and portfolios across multiple properties and cross divisions
- Manages Character Art across all Disney properties and Franchises
- Development, approval and corrections of 3D products, through concept to final product
- Ideas generation for Franchise expansion
- Art style/new technique development to co-ordinate with trends in the market place
- Attendance at key shows/exhibitions to keep abreast of trends and product development techniques in the market place
- Contribute new product ideas and participate in brainstorming sessions
- Ensures Character Art excellence by maintaining character and integrity and leading artistic and creative direction locally and globally
- Seeks out and applies knowledge of new trends and innovation in Character Art
- Coordinates with licensees, internal teams, and content partners on new development and new lines of business
- Develop a strong character art community across GPC
- Understands Disney Characters and Disney storytelling and how it translates to products.
- Fresh and inventive creative thinker
- Awareness of marketplace trends
- Able to present creative concepts on both formal and informal settings
- Strong team player
- Exhibits ingenuity, creativity, and resourcefulness
- Work closely with Visual Designers to create elevated relevant art that encompasses trend, consumer insights, Studio initiatives and Franchise focused
- Work with executive creative partners in Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Lucas, Burton, Muppets, Channel, Yellow Shoes, Walt Disney Imagineering, Parks and Walt Disney Entertainment
Multiple years of related work experience in graphic design, character art or merchandise design
Multiple years of related work experience
Understands principles of cartooning and cartoon animation
Exposure to multiple medium (sculpting, painting and drawing)
Extensive knowledge of Character Art
Strong traditional and digital drawing skills, and concepting skills
Strong creative computer skills
Able to clearly communicate, present, and sell creative ideas both in formal and informal settings
Strong interpersonal and people management skills
Highly motivated and able to motivate others
Strategic vision for overall business and category
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Art and Design
Additional Information:Disney offers a rewards package to help you live your best life. This includes health and savings benefits, educational opportunities and special extras that only Disney can provide. Learn more about our benefits and perks at https://jobs.disneycareers.com/benefits.
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Global Product Development and Creative, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Disney Global Product Development and Creative, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.