Civil Engineer, SrApply NowApply Later Job ID 977636BR Location Orlando, Florida, United States / Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States Business Walt Disney Imagineering Date posted Jun. 06, 2022 Flex Type On-Site
- This role is considered on-site, which means the employee will work from a Company designated location on an ongoing basis.
This family oversees civil engineering including design, analysis, calculations and specifications for hydrology/hydraulics, sanitary and storm sewerage, storm water management, water treatment, potable water and other utilities for the site/area development of an individual facility/attraction, land, or theme park project.
It's a given that our Civil Engineers, Sr. have the technical expertise to do their jobs well. We are looking for professionals who are thirsty for diverse experiences, comfortable adapting to change, work well in both structured and unstructured environments, eager to grow/learn and who can maintain the exacting standards for which The Walt Disney Company is revered. If this sounds like you, please apply today!
Responsibilities:If you are reading this, you already know what it means to be a Civil Engineer, Sr. But can you imagine using your skills at a place like Disney? At Walt Disney Imagineering, you'd support all the theme parks, waterparks, golf courses, destination shopping districts, resorts that are spread out across over Walt Disney World's 29,000 acres in addition to potentially expanding support for Disney Parks, Experiences and Products other theme parks and properties around the world.
This family is responsible for civil engineering including design, analysis, calculations and specifications for hydrology/hydraulics, sanitary and storm sewerage, storm water management, water treatment, potable water and other utilities for the site/area development of an individual facility/attraction, land, or theme park project.
- Provide technical direction to in-house engineers and designers, and to outside consultants, in the design and production of construction contract documents and overall delivery of the civil engineering design
- May lead a small team of civil engineers and designers in the production of construction documents for site/area development projects of medium complexity through all phases of design
- May direct US-based consultants to whom design is outsourced for WDI projects world-wide
Manage all of the job scope and tasks of a Civil Engineer, including:
- Oversee civil engineering design, analyses, calculations and specifications for larger site/area development projects of medium complexity
- Organize and develop project design criteria and engineering work plans for projects of varying complexity
- Monitor progress of work and ensure that technical quality, interdisciplinary coordination and production requirements are met
- Monitor performance against the project design schedule, budget and earned value
- Become completely familiar with and be able to edit civil sections of WDI master specifications
- Solicit and provide peer reviews of work product
- Obtain building department approvals
- Answer construction bid period questions and respond to and resolve field issues and questions
- May have Engineer of Record responsibility
- 6 or more years of work experience in civil engineering
- 2 years managing a team of civil engineers and designers in the production of contract documents for construction
- Construction phase experience including the submittal/shop drawing review process and on-site field inspections
- Diverse experience in the land development, public utility, and municipal engineering with design experience in site layout, grading, drainage, wet utilities (potable water and sanitary sewer), storm water management, erosion and sedimentation control
- Registered Professional Engineer (PE) in State of Florida, and/or State of California (PE) ability to obtain within 3-months of hire
- Expertise with industry codes and standards associated with new development and re-development including associated environmental and transportation regulations
- Experienced in performing peer reviews
- Experienced preparing calculations and reports for water quality management plans including best management practices and storm water pollution prevention plan
- Experience with several types of Field Surveys to ensure design and construction
- Proficient with preparing AutoCAD Civil3D site designs including layouts, grading, and pipe design
- Proficient in performing roadway and parking designs
- Comfortable ordering, reviewing, or conducting Transportation Impact Studies
- Experienced in ordering, reviewing, and evaluating Geotechnical studies for civil infrastructure and site design
- Experienced with design management
- Experienced managing outside consultants/vendors
- Functions comfortably in a matrix organization with both structured and unstructured environments
- Demonstrate willingness to adapt to change
- Comfortable thinking and working "outside the box" and willing to explore new ways of implementing civil engineering on projects
- Working knowledge of civil engineering, including Civil 3D, current technologies and codes
- Experience with storm and/or sanitary sewer system maintenance, rehabilitation, and strategic planning including lift station performance evaluation and modifications
- Experience with potable water system maintenance and strategic planning
- Experience with groundwater dewatering design and permitting process
- Experience with select hydraulic modeling software including ICPR, Innovyze InfoSWMM or Innovyze InfoWater
- Experience with ArcGIS
- Experience with Traffic Planning and Analysis
- Experience with environmental site mitigation
- Active member of related professional and technical societies
- Strong familiarity with Revit applications
- Graduate of an accredited engineering school with a Bachelor of Science degree in Civil Engineering
- An advanced degree in the civil engineering field is desirable
Preferred EducationWe greatly value service in any of the US Armed Forces.
Additional Information:Benefits and Perks: Disney offers a rewards package to help you live your best life. This includes health and savings benefits, educational opportunities and special extras that only Disney can provide. Learn more about our benefits and perks at https://jobs.disneycareers.com/benefits.
About Walt Disney Imagineering:
Founded in 1952 as WED Enterprises to design and build the world’s first theme park — Disneyland — Walt Disney Imagineering (WDI) is where imagination and creativity combine with cutting-edge technology to create unforgettable experiences. WDI is the creative force that imagines, designs and builds all Disney theme parks, resorts, attractions and cruise ships worldwide. Imagineering’s unique strength comes from its diverse global team of creative and technical professionals, who build on Disney’s legacy of storytelling to pioneer new forms of entertainment. The Imagineers who practice this unique blend of art and science work in more than 100 disciplines to shepherd an idea all the way from “blue sky” concept phase to opening day.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business we call Walt Disney Imagineering.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.