Conservation Education Presenter Intern-Spring 2023Apply NowApply Later Job ID 1023249BR Location Orlando, Florida, United States / Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States Business Walt Disney World Resort Date posted Aug. 31, 2022
As an Animals, Science & Conservation Education Presenter at Disney’s Animal Kingdom, you will inspire future generations to take action to care for our planet. As a part of a high-energy, fast-paced front-line team you will engage with Guests of all ages as they discover the magic of nature.
The deadline to apply is October 7 at 5pm EST.
- Actively invite Guests to connect with animals and conservation topics at Wilderness Explorer Troop Leader locations and select animal habitats throughout the park
- Share information about animals and the natural world using fun and engaging storytelling techniques
- Empower thousands of Guests to positively impact wildlife and take conservation action
Basic Qualifications:All Candidates must meet these guidelines:
- Personal passion for conservation and wildlife, as well as a passion for sharing insight and knowledge of wildlife conservation with others
- Strong interpersonal skills including the desire to interact with children and families from all over the world
- Experience or interest in teaching or presenting in a formal or informal learning environment
- Ability to work as part of a diverse, high performing team in a feedback-rich environment
- Ability to regularly work weekends and holidays, outdoors for 8+ hours per day, and in all weather conditions including extreme heat and rain
- Currently enrolled and taking classes at an accredited US* college, university, or higher education program OR have graduated from an accredited US* college, university, or higher education program within 24 months of the application posting date
- Must have completed at least one semester at an accredited US* college, university, or higher education program by time of program arrival
- Meet any individual school requirements (GPA, grade level, etc.), if applicable
- Be at least 18 years of age at time of application
- Former Disney Program participants must wait four (4) months after their last departure before applying
Candidates currently participating on a Disney Program must meet these guidelines:
- Have arrived July 2022 or later. Please be aware that you cannot participate in consecutive programs totaling more than one calendar year, including any combination of Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internships.
- A $240 non-refundable extension Program Participation Fee will be collected upon accepting your extension offer. In addition, if you have a registered vehicle here, you will pay a $25 parking decal renewal fee for your extension. If you would like to purchase a new decal for your extension, you will need to pay an $85 vehicle decal fee. You will receive additional communication about when you can purchase a decal via email. Please know that parking decals are very limited and available on a first come, first serve basis. You MUST have a vehicle pre-registered in DORMS to purchase a parking decal. Please note that if you have already fully accepted an extension in your original role and location, you will not be required to pay another Program Participation Fee.
- No more than FOUR (4) attendance points within the last six (6) months (not including early shift releases or authorized days off); No more than ONE (1) reprimand within the last six (6) months
- Previous experience working or volunteering in an informal learning environment such as a zoo, aquarium, museum, state park, or nature center, etc.
- Excellent problem-solving abilities and critical thinking skills
- Demonstrated conservation and environmental knowledge
- Ability to speak more than one language
- Be currently enrolled in a college/university or recent college graduate or be actively participating on a Disney Program with an original arrival date in July 2022 or later.
- Life or Environmental Sciences, Environmental Policy, Biology, Zoology, Education, Recreation, Communications or related major
- Résumé (outlining all your required qualifications)
- Cover letter (help us connect the dots in your application and resume and understand you as an individual)
This internship will start on or around Jan 8, 2022 and will go until June 24, 2023. Interns must be fully available for the duration of the internship.
For any questions about this opportunity, please visit .
About Walt Disney World Resort:
Since opening in 1971, Walt Disney World Resort has played an important role in many childhood and family memories. Today, hundreds of millions of guests from around the globe visit this magical place to enjoy a Disney vacation. Through a combination of creativity, innovation and technology, the resort immerses guests in classic Disney tales and new kinds of family entertainment. Drawing from a rich heritage of storytelling, Walt Disney World Resort cast members bring Disney magic to life through unmatched attention to detail and superior guest service.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business we call Walt Disney World Resort.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.