Construction Sewing Specialist - Full Time, Walt Disney WorldApply NowApply Later Job ID 1118158BR Location Orlando, Florida, United States / Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States Business Walt Disney World Resort Date posted Sep. 10, 2023
The starting pay rate is $17.25.
This role requires successful passing of an 8 hour in person assessment at Walt Disney World.
- Sophisticated sewing on a variety of fabrics
- Apply size chart to alter garments
- Collaborate with Patternmaker on replenishment orders
- Construct garments and perform repairs/alterations to all types of garments
- Share sewing techniques and standard processes
- Work in an area where you may be exposed with performers in various stages of dress/undress
- Read and interpret patterns and spec sheets with direction
- Manufacture and alter garments above minimum workroom efficiency standards
- Use accurate techniques to build, repair, or alter garments using a wide variety of hand and machine sewing techniques
- Flexible with work schedule, including overtime, weekends and holidays
- Additional Personal Protective Equipment (face shields, goggles, refillable hand sanitizers, etc.) may be required
- Cast members may be required to handle cleaning chemicals and supplies
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Pass a Sewing Assessment
- Experience with production, millinery, patternmaking or alternations
- Willing to work with costumes made of fur, fiberglass and plastics
- Physical role requiring heavy lifting, pushing, pulling, bending, twisting, kneeling and prolonged standing
- Work at various heights and varying temperatures in a high lint area
- Part Time roles require full availability for any shift, a MINIMUM of three (3) days per week, including nights and holidays
- Full Time roles require Full availability for any shift, seven (7) days per week, including nights, weekends, and holidays is preferred
- Three (3) years’ experience in garment construction or repair
Additional Information:SUBMITTING YOUR APPLICATION
After clicking “Apply for this job” below, the employment application will open in a new window. Please complete ALL pages of the application by clicking “Next” on each page, then “Submit” on the final page.
KEYWORD: WDWCasting, Costuming WDW: Walt Disney World Casting Hourly Jobs
About Walt Disney World Resort:
Since opening in 1971, Walt Disney World Resort has played an important role in many childhood and family memories. Today, hundreds of millions of guests from around the globe visit this magical place to enjoy a Disney vacation. Through a combination of creativity, innovation and technology, the resort immerses guests in classic Disney tales and new kinds of family entertainment. Drawing from a rich heritage of storytelling, Walt Disney World Resort cast members bring Disney magic to life through unmatched attention to detail and superior guest service.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: Disney Entertainment, ESPN, Disney Parks, and Experiences and Products. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business we call Walt Disney World Resort.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.