Cosmetologist - Full Time - Walt Disney WorldApply NowApply Later Job ID 995906BR Location Orlando, Florida, United States / Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States Business Walt Disney World Resort Date posted Jun. 21, 2022
Cosmetologists receive a starting pay rate of $16.90 per hour
- Maintain all wigs (washing, combing and drying) for all Walt Disney World Theme Park Face Characters, Atmosphere Talent, Auto-Animatronics and any special events
- Apply facial theatrical makeup
- Help assemble, creating and organizing make-up kits for performers
- Teach entertainers makeup application for show and sets
- Prolonged standing and walking to multiple areas in indoor and outdoor settings during different weather conditions
- Support entertainers with step off, show calls and retouches
- Flexible with work schedule, including overtime, weekends and holidays
- Additional Personal Protective Equipment (face shields, goggles, refillable hand sanitizers, etc.) may be required
- Must be at least 18 years of age to be considered for this role
- Have a valid Florida Cosmetology license
- Experience with appropriate use of styling tools
- Experience washing, setting and recreating wigs from photo documentation
- Experience working with entertainers to pin-on and off wigs, facial hair and prosthetics
- Work with chemicals daily including hair products and cleaning solutions
- Part Time roles require full availability for any shift, a MINIMUM of three (3) days per week, including nights and holidays
- Full Time roles require Full availability for any shift, seven (7) days per week, including nights, weekends, and holidays
- Two (2) years of experience as a licensed Cosmetologist
- Experience washing and setting wigs
- Experience with wig styling and synthetic hair and human hair
- Styling experience with period styles involving finger waves and French Twists
Additional Information:SUBMITTING YOUR APPLICATION
After clicking “Apply for this job” below, the employment application will open in a new window. Please complete ALL pages of the application by clicking “Next” on each page, then “Submit” on the final page.
KEYWORD: WDWCasting, WDW Casting
About Walt Disney World Resort:
Since opening in 1971, Walt Disney World Resort has played an important role in many childhood and family memories. Today, hundreds of millions of guests from around the globe visit this magical place to enjoy a Disney vacation. Through a combination of creativity, innovation and technology, the resort immerses guests in classic Disney tales and new kinds of family entertainment. Drawing from a rich heritage of storytelling, Walt Disney World Resort cast members bring Disney magic to life through unmatched attention to detail and superior guest service.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business we call Walt Disney World Resort.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.